Chapter 5

Percy got a room with Harry, Ron and Neville. He didn't really like the rooms colours the red and gold didn't match his sea green and black theme. Even blue would have sufficed. But he had to make due with what he had.

The next morning Percy sat off a bit from Harry, Ron and Hermione wanting to get the friendship right. Not too close for them to care too deeply but also enough for them to trust him.

Professor McGonagall gave everyone their schedules. Throughout the Hall you could hear the Griffindor's and Slytherins groan. They had a double potions at Snape when the day starts and later again at DADA with Quirrell a stuttering hunched over man. Every time he saw Harry he suddenly became nervous but only Percy realised.

Before the afternoon classes Hermione had dragged Ron, Harry and even Percy to the library to do some homework that was already starting to pile up.

Percy was sitting sideways on a chair, his legs swung over the armrest with a distant look in his eyes before going back to writing an essay about herbology. Harry was gazing out the window day dreaming. Ron was moaning the whole time about sitting and homework and even his wand that was acting up a bit. Hermione was reading Hogwarts, a history while ignoring Ron's complaints.

Suddenly a boy with pale skin and white blonde hair walked in. Behind him trailed two brutes that looked equally dumb. He stopped at their table.

" Well if it isn't the great Harry Potter, and my dad told me all about you Weasley's-a disgrace to wizard name. Look at the company your holding, a filthy mudblood, Granger was it?" he spat giving them a look of arrogance.

All three were standing up now ready for a fight while the two brutes, Crabbe and Goyle, were snickering.

" And who may you be? Hmm? Probably another mudblood." he chuckled at his own joke while his bodyguards haven't stopped snickering.

Percy looked up with a bored look, raised his eyebrows and looked back at his book. Ron spoke up.

" Draco Malfoy, what a surprise seeing you in Hogwarts would have thought you went into hiding with you-know-who ?"

The boy named Draco was seething, he looked at Percy again.

" If your a pureblood you shouldn't align yourself with lowlifes like these." he gestured to Hermione, Harry and Ron.

Percy who was writing with his quill in his right hand raised his left in a one finger salute. Without looking up once.

Harry and Ron burst out laughing, while Hermione looked a tad disapproving, but a smile was tugging at her lips. Draco however was not amused.

" At least I still have a family, and what do you have Potter? Muggles. Ha!"

Suddenly Ron and Harry jumped forward to grab him but a professor passed and everyone stopped. Draco was the first to respond.

" How about a wizard duel tonight, at midnight. Trophy room that's always unlocked. You do know what a wizard duel is Potter?"

Ron stepped forward.

" Of course he knows Malfoy and I'm his second, who's yours?"

" Crabbe"

And with that Draco and co.  walked away. Harry turned to Ron and Hermione.

" Guys whats a wizard duel?"

Hermione always the know-it-all.

" Well you both send spells at each other until one is defeated. But both of you don't know any real damaging magic so all you'll be able to do is send sparks at each other."