Chapter 3

I sat beside the school's entrance stairs after that on the grass under a bush.

I sat there till all the students started leaving...
Till all the teachers started leaving...
And then they were all gone.
I was alone...in peace.

Then Ezra came out with his friends and girlfriend, Becky amd her girlfriends. They were laughing as they made their way down the stairs.

Jason, Ezra's best friend, clapped Ezra on the shoulder and said, "But that was one hell of a shot dude".

"Thanks" Ezra smiled looking at his friend. Then Becky hugged his arm and tugged on it. "Do you have any plans for tonight Ezra?" She batted her eyelaeshes like an effing retard.

"Ummm... yeah. We are having a party at Jason's. Do you wanna come?"

"I'd love to." She chirped in the high pitched cry of a dying dog.

"Always the party girl huh?"

And she laughed like a drunken hyena on crack.

Why am I roasting her in my head? She hadn't done anything to me... except the cheerleading fiasco.

Then Ezra went, "Talia can come too."

He remembered me.

That wiped the smile off her face. For a second she looked kind of miffed but quickly covered it with a face of pure sorrow.

"Ummm no I don't think that would be such a great idea."

"Why not?" Ezra frowned.

Yeah why not?

"She sortta has partyphobia I guess.

What?!

"Something happened to her at a party when she was ten. We don't know what." She sighed "She's been recieving therapy ever since. That's where she is right now". She stares at her feet 'sad'. "Inviting her will just upset her".

Say what now? Unless therapy is hiding in bushes and spying on your crush, I believe I am NOT in therapy. I am pretty sure the therapist's office does not have this comfy grass nor this useful bush-tree-shrub thing.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I had no idea." Ezra said.

Well neither did I.
"The poor girl." Melissa, Becky's friend put in. "No wonder she's so wierd." I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"It's okay. You couldn't have known.

Well neither could I..

She smiles up at him like a deluded loon.

I feel like coming right out of this bush just to spite her. But I know I'm being creepy right now. Sitting in a bush-tree-shrub-thing spying on them.

Ezra would think I'm wierd and Becky in her hooker-short skiry will be overjoyed.

So I stay put and watch as their friends drive off leaving them to gaze into each others eyes looking like a couple from a magazine.

Her dark skin glistening in the mid-day sun, his tan arms around her waist holding her close as they make out against his car.

I had no idea and control over the tears that flowed freely....

*♡*♡*

Usually, my Friday nights are spent drinking with my friends.....soda of course. Yes. We are pathetic.

But since I want to roll in self pity, I was helping Mum prepare dinner. I offered to cut the carrors taking ou my anger and sadness on them.

Ferociously chopping them. Imagining they were Ezra. Which wasn't hard cause carrots are male😌.

"Thanks for helping me butcher the carrots dear." Mum said when I was done as she kissed my cheek.

"Anytime mum"

"I know something's bothering you. But I won't ask you to tell me cause I know you don't wanna talk about it. I'm not gonna push you but I want you to know that I'm right here if you change your mind."

"Thanks Mum."

"Anytime love." She smiled and turned to the stairs. "Becky!" She yelled, "take your car to the store we are outta corned beef." Yes Becky has a car. She won it in a beauty contest. She won't let me forget...

"Ughhh... Mother. I'm busy." Becky yelled back.

Just then Dad came home. Mum went over to welcone him. Then yelled out again "Becky!!"

"I'm doing home work"

Yeah right.

"Let her be", Dad said.

"God. That child is impossible." Mum muttered.

"But she makes us proud." Dad said as he kissed Mum's forehead.

"Yeah". Then she turned to me. "Talia please take your bike to the store and get corned beef.

She has a car and I have a f**king bicycle.

Why can't I have a car?

Turns out I said that out loud.

"Of course you can honey. Win a beauty contest." Dad said to me. He knows that's a sore point.

"Greg!" Mum said.

I just stalk off to the garage. I can hear their muffled voices.

Dad knows that is another family drama. One that left me hurt. I can remember what happened. Dad's business needed money and Becky went into the contest and I...

I shut my mind from the memory and rode off.

I could see Becky smirking at me from her window.

What's with her?

I pedal faster as I wipe furiously at a lone tear on my cheek.

*♡*♡*

Sooooo...an update. Yaaaay!!!😄😄😄

Sorry for taking so long. Pls don't forget to vote.
Love ya all❤❤