"WHAT!?" Al and I gasped in exparation. Naomi clicked her tongue. "Then what are you doing in Amestris? Are you looking for something?" Ling hummed. "Maybe you know about it," He leaned his head on his hand and purred: 

"The Philosopher's stone." 

All color drained from my face, and Al's eyes flickered. Meanwhile, Naomi seemed unphased. Until a scowl slowly formed on her lips. "And why," She hissed, balling her hand to a fist until the knuckles turned white, "do you want it?" 

Two people appereared behind us, blades drawn. Ling grinned, something that made me feel sick to my stomach. " For Immortality. " He said bluntly. 

"Immortality?" I echoed. "Hm," Al hummed, "Some other guys were looking for it too." Naomi shrugged. "Is it the new hype?" I scowled at Ling. "Why do you want it?" He shrugged. "Family reasons." "Bullshit," I hissed. "Is this how you ask for a favor?" I asked, preparing to punch the guy behind me. "I don't think so!" I yelled as I swung around. The masked person jumped over me and began to scold me. 

NAOMI

As Ed and Al ran off to fight Ling's henchmen, I stayed back, glaring daggers at him. "Why are you after the stone?" I asked, hoping my cool voice would send a shiver down his spine. No reaction. "I already told you," He whistled after ordering more food. "Family issues." I hummed, sitting down again. 

"I don't know much of Xing," I said calmly, "but if I recall correctly, it has several clans, all of which have heirs to the throne," I peered at him, trying to gauge a rection. He studied me as he ate his food. "and, with that many children it must be tough to chose an heir." I paused again. "No?" 

Ling leaned back. "You've done your homework," He said. "you're right. It's tricky to chose an heir. So, each time the king is close to death, a quest is given. Whoever completes it becomes the king." I hummed, drumming my feet against the pavement. "Now," He scowled. "What about the stone?" 

"You really want to know?" He nodded feverishly. "Well," I clicked my tongue and I stood, "I can't tell you. It's Ed's call how much info you may have," I said, grinding my feet into the ground as Ling jumped up, "however, I can tell you this much:" I said, raising a finger. "It exists." 

xxx

Later that day I followed Ling to where Ed, Al and his underlings had fought. Turns out Al can now transmute without a circle, which is helpful, though I think Ed's ego suffered from the setback. 

Then, when we returned to Garfiel's, Ling was waiting there. Ed, being Ed, socked him in the face with his disembodied arm. One thing led to another, and before I knew it, Ling was giving Winry and I compliments. 

"Flattery won't work now, buddy." I scoffed, wandering to replace my Automail. I sat by the side and listened to the conversation, gritting my teeth and biting my tongue as I connected the nerves. 

When the yelling subsided, Winry came to sit next to me as she repaired Ed's arm. "Why do you always do this on your own?" She asked. I hummed, noticing Ed eyeing me carefully. "It's always been this way, I guess. I mean, Hawkeye isn't that well versed in Automail mechanics. Same goes for Lys." Winry hummed. "You shouldn't have to do that on your own." Ed scowled.