[XVIV]

"Freeze! Nobody moves or I'll shoot you all!"

A man in dark clothes with a mask had warned. He held a pistol in his right hand and a back on his left shoulder. He looked anxious as opposite as what he was doing. He wasn't alone, he had some other buddies with him.

"Stay away from the counter and just let us do our thing." The other guy had commanded as everyone hesitated to move. I was shaking as well because this was the first time I experienced a robbery. Jin held my hand and squeezed it tight. I took a glance at his face as he did to mine, he nodded to reassure myself in any way but it was honestly terrifying.

Before everyone could move, the robber took a little peek at his side and saw one worker trying to contact someone. A shot from his pistol was immediately heard. That worker, specifically, had dropped down dead. Jin had covered my eyes so I couldn't see anything clear but I could hear the thud of the person getting shot. It was terrifying.

"If you don't move back, you'll be joining him soon." He took out his mask and gave us a sharp glare. We all slowly crouched back we stood far away from them. "Where's Taehyung?" Jin whispered into my ear. I could only reply with a shrug.

After my reply, a shadow passes by as it charges towards the man in front of us. It was Taehyung. My mouth fell agape as he took down the guy with one tackle, swiping off the gun from his hand as he punched the shit out of him. "You bastard!" His fellow member pointed the gun at him, but just as he was about to shoot the trigger hesitantlyㅡ Taehyung slid through the floor and grabbed the gun he kicked away and didn't hesitate to shoot at him, leaving a pool of blood as he continued with the others. Something was different, his gaze was different. It was something more scary which feared me more than the situation I was in itself.

Jin pressed on my hand, making me looking at him and trying to seem cool. Everyone was feeling a sight of relief when Taehyung had stopped them. Taehyung stood still, the gun had blood dripping on it as he had previously stabbed it into the head. He turned around and looked at me first. He wasn't even panting or sweating. He just looked at me as if he was eyeing me as prey.

"Let's go.. before the cops come and find out." He tells me as we grabbed the food we couldn't pay and ran out and to the car. Just after we had zoomed out, the police had arrived and handled the situation. Once the hostages had described the man who saved them, the police had felt suspicious and had to investigate the perimetersㅡknowing the way they described it seems like it was Taehyung. We had to move places again and now, I'm packing my stuff as everyone was.

A knock on my door made me walk towards and open it, Taehyung had this troubled look. I wasn't surprised or worried. He seems like he was having trouble with what he had done. "I hope what happened there didn't surprise you." He deeply wished.

"Oh please. I'm the one who observed you, I shouldn't be scared because of that." I scoffed, knowing that he knew what I've been through just because of him. "But still... I know that what I've done has caused trouble for us and the fellows and... The way I looked when I attacked them. I'm not normal and I hope you know very well and stay away from me. I don't want to do it again.." He frowned as he muttered everything. My eyebrows furrowed as I pulled him into my room and closed the door.

"We've talked about this, Taehyung. Also, I hope you know that I know who and what I'm handling hereㅡand what do you mean about not doing it again?" I asked, leaning my back against the door so he wouldn't leave without telling me. His face seemed regretful.

"It's nothing. I don't want to talk about it." He turned from my sight as he seems so closed off right now. I felt anger, for some reason. Why couldn't he tell me after everything I've known so far? Why am I even mad about him not telling me.

"What do you mean it's nothing? You're obviously lying here. Tell me and I can help you." I approached him slowly, holding his arm and pressing softly to let him know that I was in front of him. I didn't want him to look away anymore. "This is... wrong." Taehyung stated, making me more confused.

"What do you mean is wrong? I can't understand you, Taehyung." I said as he tried to shove away my hand. He looked straight into my eyes, something that darted into my heart as I felt weak against that powerful glare he had given.

"What we're doing is wrong." I laughed off his sentence, "No shit, it is. What have we been doing this whole time? Right, trying to live our lives as damn criminals and hiding away from our own crimes. For God's sake, you brought me into this. I don't see why I shouldn't know about you than how you know me!" I reasoned, feeling myself grow even more frustrated as my voice rose higher.

"Clarence. I don't want to feel like this.. I know I've done you more and wrong but I'm feeling so strongly about you." He cupped my shoulders as his gaze suddenly changed into a sorrowful affection look. I was feeling scared as he felt unpredictable. I was nervous and he was seemingly calm. How could he make me tremble like this with just a look?

"Feel what? Tell me already, jackass." I told him, trying to step up to his level. I was stuttering so unintentionally.

"I feel like I like you."