Distraction

Extra class on Sunday! The most pathetic thing

Extra class on Sunday! The most pathetic thing. He was not in his best of intentions to be here today but he didn't have much of a choice. Everyone was already seated. He had tagged along with his friend and now he was late for his favourite class.

He saw her as he took his seat. She was looking horrible. Horribly sexy, with those wet hairs and freshly washed skin. He was far from her but he tried to revive her smell from that far. Blueberry. He loved it. He sat on the second bench while she was seated on the far corner of the class but according to him, this was a safe distance. He won't be seeing her face and will be more concentrated on the lesson. She was a distraction.

He was listening to the teacher but even if he wasn't seeing her face, he knew that she was here and he knew that she was watching him. He was very well aware of her crush but he couldn't make the first move. And she never did. All they ever did was, share that one notebook.

That notebook which had become their personal conversation chat book. That notebook which held those 21 questions they had asked each other. The notebook which held nothing but nonsense. The one notebook which connected them.

He had promised himself to not look at her but the more he felt her eyes digging holes in his head, the more the tension string between them was tightened, to the point that it broke.

He dared to look at her, just a glance as he had promised himself. Just one look and then it will be fine. He made an attempt, he acted as if he was talking to his friend while his eyes just wandered off to her. She was looking. She was staring back, probably at the teacher but somehow their eyes made contact. That was the moment when both of them pulled apart as if nothing had happened.

But it wasn't just nothing. It was everything, it had awakened that funny feeling in his stomach. Not because he was caught staring but because of the look in her eyes, the look which mirrored his. The look which meant that they both needed each other, even if it was just a distraction.

And now, even if they weren't together or won't ever be together, they were distracted.