XXVIII

The entire class had no words for what they were witnessing.

Izuku was breathing fire and burning everything to cinders. Overhaul was engulfed in blue flames and it looked like he fainted from heatstroke. But there was one problem though, Izuku had no control over his newfound ability and fell to his knees. He wasn't able to breath and he felt his lungs slowly burn up. Luckily, Aizawa had realized this before the rest of the area caught fire and erased Izuku's new quirk. Izuku took a large gasp of air and began coughing uncontrollably.

Iida, Uraraka, Eri, and a hanful of the class 2-A students rushed over to Izuku's aid. Overhaul was restrained and captured.

When Aizawa had to close his eyes and cancel his quirk, Izuku started breathing fire and almost roasted Kirishima. Lucky for him that his hardened skin was fire resistant. Since Aizawa couldn't keep Izuku's fire breathing erased, he managed to land a very precise strike to his neck, knocking Izuku out cold. Then they took the boy to a nearby hospital along with Eri.

Break

Izuku woke up to see a clean white ceiling. He thought he was still in his underground cell and all that happened earlier was all a dream. But he sat up to find himself in a small yet tidy hospital room. Then he remembered that he breathed fire and tried to block his mouth only to feel cold steel covering it.

He looked over to the mirror and saw that an iron mask was on his face and it covered his mouth and nose. It was very similar to the mask of Bane in the Dark Night Rises movie; it was made from mixed metals and had multiple miniature pipes, and it looked like it was a pain to wear yet it actually felt very comfortable.

Still looking at the mirror, he saw that someone was sitting on the chair beside his hospital bed. He looked to his right and saw Ochako who was asleep and was lightly snoring. The room door opened to reveal a female doctor looking no older than 30 holding clipboard. She took one look at Izuku before exiting the room. A few seconds later, a skinny Allmight, Aizawa, Recovery Girl, and Principal Nezu entered the room.

"Hello there my boy" Allmight said while waving. "How are you feeling?"

Izuku gave a thumbs up since he was afraid of talking, for all he knew he could blast straight through the mask he was wearing and burn everyone in the room by accident. Allmight transformed into his muscle form and carried Uraraka to the chairs in the hallway, being very careful not to wake her up. He re-entered the room as he changed back into his skinny form.

"We have a few things to discuss" Aizawa said with a tired voice. "First things first, you've been out for a day. Second, we discovered that due to the extreme stress your body went through during your fight with Overhaul, it triggered the gene that carries quirks in your body and slightly altered your DNA. Meaning, you are no longer quirkless but instead you have a similar quirk like that of your father, Hisashi Midoriya based on the little data that we've managed to dig up about him."

Izuku simply nodded and took in all of the information.

"And third. So regarding the child Eri..." Aizawa said. "She doesn't seem to have anywhere to go and since your the only one she's conversed with before, she'll be staying with you in the dorms until we can find a safer place to keep her in. Are you okay with this?"

Izuku nodded. But then he pointed to his mask.

"We have someone with that of a somewhat similar quirk. He explained that you have to remain calm and dont think about it at all to shut it off. But to be safe, I'll be sure to cancel your quirk if I even see the smallest amount of smoke."

Recovery Girl walked up to Izuku and helped undo the back of the iron mask. Everyone stepped out of the line of fire and Aizawa prepared for the worst. The mask was off but Izuku still had his mouth closed. He tried not to think about it and he emptied his mind amd focused. He opened his mouth, and there was no sign of smoke or flame, which was a massive relief.

It seems that Izuku learned the trick of how to keep his quirk under control. Just think of your throat as a pressure pipe with an adjustable dial. To try and see if he got it under control, he got out of the bed and went to his left to open the window.

'Turn the dial...'

And then Izuku did it. He could breath fire at will and learned the basic control of his new quirk. He looks back at them.

"I think I can control it now..." Izuku says.

All of the teacher breath a sigh of relief.

Then Nezu stepped forward. "Since you didn't really experience any major injuries, you're cleared to go. Eri's waiting in the car just outside the entrance and you can wake up Young Uraraka and ride back to the dorms. We've already informed your mother on everything up to this point, including your new quirk."

Izuku nodded as he was given a bag of his clothes which he changed into after the teachers had left the room. The moment he finished changing, Uraraka barged into the room and hugged Izuku.

Izuku winced a little as he felt really really sore for some reason.

"Thank goodness you're okay." Uraraka said with relief in her voice.

Izuku noticed that something in Uraraka changed a little. She seemed a tad bit thinner and she looked healthier than the last time he saw her. She probably sticked to her everyday training routine and the benefits started to kick in. And it seems puberty took a small step forward since she looked slightly more mature. The wonders of workouts he guessed.

He told her they had a car waiting and they went outside the entrance where they saw a limo. Izuku opened the door to see Eri who jumped out of the car to hug Izuku.

"Izuku-sama!" She said happily.

"Nice to see you too Eri." Izuku replied. Then he looked to Uraraka.

"Uraraka-san, this is Eri." Izuku said to Ochako before turning back to Eri. "Eri, this is Uraraka-san."

"Ohayo Uraraka-san." Eri said.

"Ohayo Eri-chan" Uraraka replied.

Then the three got into the car and Izuku told Uraraka what happened as they began their trip back to the UA dorms.