Chapter 1

Hello and thank you for giving Alec's story a chance! I hope you'll enjoy it.

And speaking of chances: there's a chance for you to win one of the three prizes in the giveaway I'm hosting to celebrate this new story. More details on that in the A/N below.

 More details on that in the A/N below

"There's ice cream in the fridge."

I didn't need Simon to tell me that. There was always ice cream in their fridge. Just in case I decided to stop by for a quick fuck. That way I'd have a snack for afterwards. Something I'd enjoy consuming; something other than their blood and bodies.

Not that those weren't given to me willingly. I didn't even have to call first. I'd show up and both he and his girlfriend would be eager to please me.

After all, I pleased them in turn.

Naked, I headed for the kitchen of their small apartment. I liked the location. It was in the shady part of town, a place where people were used to screams and nobody lectured you about keeping it down when you were screwing.

Some of the neighbors probably got off by my playmates shouting.

Sarah was a screamer, loud and unapologetic; Simon was more restrained at first, but once you got him hot and bothered, you'd hear him beg for release from a mile away.

I hopped on their counter - there was only one in the room - and opened the plastic container before filling my spoon with vanilla ice cream with honey topping. I brought the treat to my nose and inhaled, grinning as my mouth watered at the sweet aroma.

I put the ice cream in my mouth, wondering how it would taste to a human. I doubted they could distinguish between all the notes in the flavor. The milk, the different sweeteners... I was sure they couldn't say how many sweeteners there were.

Seven.

There were seven in this ice cream.

I couldn't say whether I distinguished between them because I was half-Dayer or because I was half-shifter; maybe it was the combination of both. I wasn't particularly fond of either species although to my dismay, I was beginning to soften up towards shifters after my half-brother Ollie was born.

At least I'm not human, I thought, licking the spoon, the steel adding yet another flavor, one that reminded me of blood.

"You like?" Sarah asked me, sauntering into the kitchen, undressed. She'd stopped a few steps away from me so I could better appreciate her body, angling it sideways to show abundant chest and her ass; the boobs - courtesy of an ex paying a skillful surgeon- were nice, but her backside was too flat for my liking.

"It would go well with almonds," I answered, shoving another spoonful into my mouth.

Her alluring smile didn't falter even though I chose to comment on the cold treat instead of her hot body.