Behind the Door

Dark was still holding me, so I gently pulled away from his arms and crouched under the bed, spotting the box almost immediately. I grabbed it and opened it quietly, finding the key on the inside. I took the key and put the box back in place before running into the kitchen, and into the hallway. I paused.

This was it. This was what I'd been waiting to do this entire time. I looked at the key before plunging it into the huge golden lock. The loud clunk was heard, but hopefully not loud enough to awake Dark from his rest. I pulled open the door and creeped inside, before shutting it behind me.

This place...it was like a mirror maze, only much more sinister. I crept down the first isle of mirrors, suddenly hearing whispers and weeping noises from everywhere.

"Hello?" I whispered.

I turned to one of the mirrors and noticed it was beginning to fog. The white mist soon covered the entire mirror and at my precise eye level, something began to write in the fog. It was like a finger was writing the letters and this sent a shiver up my spine. After the finger had finished writing I read the words in my head.

Hurry.

I began to speed walk through the maze of mirrors, sometimes spooking myself when I saw my own reflexion. Where was I supposed to go? What was I even looking for?

I wondered aimlessly through the mirrors, sometimes accidentally running into some which made me flinch. I was becoming disorientated.
The strange words kept appearing on the mirrors.

Keep going.

Suddenly, I noticed a black door shape in the distance. My eyes went wide as I jogged towards it, feeling a sense of relief as I entered it. Finally I was free. But now what? What was I supposed to find in here?

Suddenly a spotlight shined down on a metal chair in the dark room, and on that chair rested a figure, bent over himself as if he was sleeping. Chains kept his hands behind him, as the long chains snaked away into the darkness.

I walked carefully up to this figure and stared at him for a moment. Either he was dead or in a deep sleep, because the figure didn't even look as though he was breathing. I built up my courage and pushed his shoulder with my finger.

"Hey!" I growled.

The figure didn't move, but I continued on anyway, in hope that he was listening.

"Why are you down here?" I asked.

Still no response.

"Alright then, well how about this. How would you like to kill Darkiplier?" I sneered.

The man's eyes fluttered awake and he slowly gazed up at me, one of his eyes glowed a bright, neon green, then an evil smile crawled widely across his face.

"I'll take that as a yes then." I replied.

The figure giggled psychotically, before strange glitches crunched around him. Was he a hologram or something?

"Oh no you moron, I'm no hologram. In fact, I'm basically dead some would say! Hahaha!" Said the figure.

"I can free you. But you have to help me." I said, firmly as I swung the key around my index finger.

"What would a girl like you want from something like me?!" He grinned.

"Your trust."