Chapter 15

Bakura looked at the Pharaoh and then at (Y/N) and scowled.

"Seems you can talk again, unfortunately." He said.

"(Y/N) are you alright."  Atem asked.

"Do not worry about me Pharaoh.  You have to end this now, remember what I gave you."  She yelled.

"How will that help us if we are not in the Shadow Realm." He asked.

"We are.  Where do you think these chords came from?"  She said.

Atem was confused about what she said.  If they were already in the Shadow Realm then why did it look so normal? Bakura's patience was wearing thin as he waited for the Pharaoh's next move.  The Pharaoh stood up and summoned Slifer the Sky Dragon. Bakura smirked at the Pharaoh and he noticed. 

"Bakura, what are you planning?"  He said.

"Nothing, I just like the look on your face while you squirm and only prolong the suffering of you and (Y/N)."  Bakura responded.  "Ismen gave me a gift too, (Y/N) is not the only Mystic with tears.  Diabound, show your new power."

Diabound readied another shockwave, but this time it was different.  It was brighter, darker, and far stronger than any that came before it.  Using every ounce of strength (Y/N) could use to move she stood from the throne, when she did she ran as fast as she could to stop Diabound.  She was too late, Atem was hit by the shockwave and fell again.  His energy was almost gone now and (Y/N) rushed to him, ignoring her own disappearance.  She placed his head in her knee and looked right up at Bakura with pure hate in her eyes.

"How could you do this Bakura?" She said and Atem slightly moved in her arms.  Bakura just smirked and said nothing.

"(Y/N) I can barely see you.  I am so sorry." Atem said.

"Nonsense, it is not too late.  We have not given up on you.  The Sacred Court may not be able to help, but you have all you need to get out of the Shadow Realm.  We can take all of us out together."  She said.

"If I do that what will happen to your sister.  According to Bakura one of you is going to be wiped from existence.  You are already almost gone."  He said with pure concern in his eyes.

"You have to get up and defeat Bakura right here and now, I will take care of Ismen."  She helped him to his feet and kissed him before going to Ismen.

Ismen saw her sister come toward her, (Y/N) looked at her sister and then knelt beside Ismen who thought of how her sister escaped. "How?" Was all she could manage to say.  There was pure resentment in her voice. 

"I had a good reason to fight the one that put me there in the first place.  Still think Bakura values you after this?"  (Y/N) said.

"I do not need you to tell me how to feel.  Bakura only has to attack once more until you are gone forever along with the Pharaoh." She said.

"Holding on to false promises as usual.  I thought Bakura promised you everything, yet here you are on a false throne that you cannot move from, all because  of him."  (Y/N) said.

She tried to help Ismen from the throne, but she would not move, it was almost as if she wanted to stay.  She would not leave Bakura, even after all he put her through in this situation.  She saw Ismen's face turn to a painful expression and tried to help, but she would not let her.  (Y/N) gave up on her sister and walked back to the Pharaoh, who was winning now.

"Pharaoh, you have to take us out, now.  Ismen is beyond saving." (Y/N) said.

"Bakura, it seems you have forgotten one thing.  I received a gift too." Atem said and raised his arm with his diadianc on it and then a bright light surrounded them and the Sacred Court and they were pulled out and teleported back to the palace courtyard . 

Atem was very tired from the day and was shocked to see that the sun was setting.  (Y/N) tried to disguise how she felt about abandoning her sister.  In the courtyard she thought of other ways the situation could have gone.  She thought of seeing Atem banished and watching herself disappear into nothing.  She saw her sister's blue eyes glossed over with pain from Bakura.  She felt she just needed to be alone so she shifted into a falcon and flew away.  Atem watched this happen, but he did not go after her.

Meanwhile, Bakura yelled into the air.  The Pharaoh had escaped him again.  Ismen was still in the throne and Bakura walked over to her and pulled her out.

"Seems my sister finally realized I am not leaving." Ismen smirked.

"I am surprised you are still here."  Bakura said.

"He did not win, he just left.  I am still here, and so are you, but they do not know that."  Ismen said.

"We should stay here for a long time and wait for this to tear your sister apart.  She thinks you are wiped from existence and she is weak and only sees her sister and not her destined enemy.  Both of the Mystics are total opposite, one is light and the other is dark.  You are the Dark Mystic Ismen."  Bakura said.

"I like how that sounds love."  Ismen smiled as she spoke.

While (Y/N) was flying she kept thinking of Bakura and her sister. Ismen, he almost destroyed you.  How can she stay with him?  Why would she stay? She must truly love him, being we can only do that once.  If only she could realize Bakura only wants her power and not what she is like. She thought to herself.  When she realized that the moon was up she decided to go to the palace to see her husband.  She walked to their chambers and saw him in the bed.

"Atem, are you awake?" She whispered in the door. She walked over to him before he responded.

"Yes." He said as she went  next to him.

"I am sorry Atem.  I should not have left. Especially after what happened."  (Y/N) said.

"I am sorry for what I did to you.  I almost lost you forever, but managed to save you and doom your sister."  He said.

"She made her choice, and she chose wrong,". She said and fell asleep.

Atem had trouble falling asleep that night and saw one of her hands on her pillow.  He was mesmerized by the gold sun tattoo that moved on her hand.  He followed it with his finger until he fell asleep.