14. Just the Two of Us

| Edited |

Chapter Fourteen

I could just tell we were in New York.

From Chicago's muggy grey sky were now in a vibrant blue sky fulfilled with fluffy white clouds.

Hours go by and we go from vibrant blue sky to a black sky with bright stars at every corner.

I looked away from the window. I was sitting in a private jet...a private jet for Christ Sake..so surreal.

I look around to see empty cream polished plush seats similar like the one I was sitting on. Burgundy cabinets filled with various types of liquor around the interior.

I sat across from Alex. He looked comfy as he wore a white tee, dark green sweats and tan male moccasins.

He looked at his laptop and typed away focused. I looked at him and nodded. He looked so comfy, it was attractive.

Tousled hair and his scruff faintly turning into a beard. I look down as I sat across from him awkwardly with my legs were crossed.

I looked over at my phone and I see once again, no new text messages from Jake yet.

I tilt my head back against the seat and I roll my eyes.

I lean forward and put my fist under my chin.

"Everything alright?" asked Alexander

"Ye..Yeah."

I look up and I faked a smile.

"No you're not."

He closes the laptop and walks over to me. He sits down next to me and looks at me with his piercing blue eyes.

"What's up?"

I turn to him and I never noticed how blue his eyes were...my god.

"It's nothing. I'm just..really nervous." I lie

"About what?"

"About meeting all the..executives."

"It's nothing serious, trust me."

He puts his hand on top of my lap and caresses it. I look down at it and I look back at him.

"Uh?"

He looks at his hand and then takes it back.

"Sorry."

He sits back in the seat and stares at the wall. I look down at his hand he removed and I look up at him.

"But..You have to teach me those dance moves though from Dave and Buster's." he jokes

"Oh yes..definitely."

He chuckles to himself and stares over at me. As I look back at him and he stares at me for awhile.

"I don't think I ever laughed this much with someone in my life." he confesses.

I look over at Alex and raise my eyebrows "Really?"

He nods and I sit back in my seat.

"My god. Your life must be boring."

He shook his head as he smiled. As he smiled he stared at me, a state that was filled with such feeling and emotion.

"Seriously. You're something special Cassandra."

I nod towards my left shoulder as I shrugged. "I gues-" I smile and before I know it.

I look over at Alex and watch as he leans in, kissing me lightly on my lips. He takes it back and looks down.