XLIV. I Am Robb Stark

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"We don't know that," Jon refuted.

"Yes we do," she cut him off. "Fianna has promised revenge since the Red Wedding, she took down the Dreadfort and now she had taken down the Twins, and taken half the North with her."

"She can ride North, she done it before when the Greyjoys tried to take Baelfort."

"How many men does he have in his army?" Tormund interjected.

"I heard him say five thousand once when he was talking about Stannis' attack," Sansa guessed. Jon, a plan forming in his head, turned eagerly to Tormund.

"How many do you have?"

"That can march in a fight?" Tormund mulled it over, "two thousand. The rest are children and old people."

Jon looked to Sansa, who was devising a plan of her own, "you're the son of the last true Warden in the North. Northern families are loyal, they'll fight for you if you ask."

"Those that haven't pledged fealty to Fianna are pledged to Ramsay," Jon shook his head.

"Fianna isn't a Stark!" Sansa sighed, throwing her hands up exasperatedly.

"No but her son is," Jon revealed, causing her expression to freeze.

"Her son?"

"Robb got Fianna pregnant before he died, she gave birth to twins - a boy and a girl. That's why she was named Queen. She's the regent for her son, the heir to the North."

Sansa was positively taken aback by the news, she always wondered about the sudden fealty to a Bua - and a girl at that. Never had she considered for a second that it would be because of this.

"Then we send her a raven," Sansa pleaded, leaning forward and gripping his hand. "A monster has taken our home and he's going to take us too, we have to go back to Winterfell, take it back and stop him. If her army is large enough for the Freys, it is large enough for the Bolton's with the Wildling army combined."

Jon hesitated. In truth, war wasn't something he intended to ever partake in since his brother died. But Sansa was right. The words "Lord of Winterfell" had royally angered him, it was a small mercy his father wasn't alive to see what had become of the North.

So with a heavy heart and a newfound spirit, he nodded his head.

-

Fianna

Fianna and Tiernan watched in silence as the Frey banners were removed from the walls of the Twins, new ones being rolled out in their place.

"So, is young Arya coming back with us? Surely she'll want to meet her brother," Tiernan asked, bumping his shoulder against hers. Fianna's expression furrowed when she realised she wasn't sure.

"I don't actually know, I just assumed that she was coming back with us. I suppose I'll have to talk to her before we set out for Riverrun," Fianna mused, a small smirk to her lips when the banner finally dropped, revealing a green banner instead of a grey one, as the Starks bore.

Fianna looked to Tiernan for his reaction, his eyes were narrowed as his gaze scraped over the banner. A green background, with a white paw print - clear as day. He turned to look at his cousin for an explanation.