Our first date

Sinclair Heights apartments,

9PM

The door swung open just as Reuben's hands began to knock it. Standing at the entrance was a tall woman with brown skin and a radiant smile. Her medium length hair hung down to her bare shoulders, edged by the long tube top that traced down her slender curves. Curves he always enjoyed running his hands up and down. He smiled and she knew it. She rested her muscular arm on the door frame.

"Enjoying the view, doctor?" said the woman.

"I'd enjoy it more if you let me in. Speaking of which," asked the doctor, "how did you know I was at the door?"

"Super woman's intuition," explained the woman, "it's my specialty." She seductive slipped her right fingers onto and up his tie. Then she pulled and Reuben came in close. "I always know where my man is."

A passionate kiss and tug, and in they went. Reuben briefly looked up and saw more of his amazing girlfriend's friends.

Dinner

"How are the patients?" asked Rebecca.

"These days, they've been really weird. I had to pull a vitamin bottle out of someone's ass," said Reuben. "It's moments like this that make me glad I spent 10 years studying to be a doctor."

The ladies laughed loudly. Kim almost spilled her wine.

"Tanya, how did you find such a funny guy?"

"Uh, we-" Tanya began to explain. However, she couldn't tell the truth.

"She, she went to my clinic one night!" Reuben stuttered as he explained. "It's a funny story, really."

One year ago,

"How do you like the clinic, Dr. Camacho?" asked Maddy. She removed her earrings as she always did when starting her secretarial shift.

"I always wanted to be a GP. Now I'm a GP," said Dr. Camacho. He put the box of books in his office. "I was hoping for more guidance and practice before running a clinic."

"Well, sometimes, your dreams come true, especially when the previous guy gets fired."

Reuben opened the box, taking out the first set of books. "What did he do to get fired?"

"He got high on stimulants, went nuts and drove his Benz through the ER. Then during the chaos, he ran into the wrong surgery room and operated on the wrong patient."

"That was him?" he asked and dropped a small book on his foot. "OW!"

"Yeah. That's why he hasn't been here in a few days. He did save the patient, though. She also had an infected spleen."

"Lucky guy. Reminds me of the old days of doctors on cocaine, scalpels flying around and the only surgery with a 300% mortality rate."

"Dr. Vasquez had one of those at Livingstone. The patient survived but her blood spray gave the assisting surgeon and two family members heart attacks."

"Damn, Maddy. Elk Grove is not the frontier. Why are-" BOOSH! The front door swung open and a man with a torn t-shirt and black leather coat sat on both knees. Several knives were lodged in his chest, legs, and back. Two bullet holes were in his shoulders and he leaked blood.

"Doc, help me," The man said before he flopped face first onto the floor.

"Lucas!" yelled Dr. Camacho as he ran over to him. "What happened to you?!"