chapter 2

Linh paused before opening the door not sure how Dex would respond to seeing her after all these years.

"Welcome to slu," was all Dex got out of his mouth before realizing who had just walked in.

"Hi Dex, how have you been?" Linh asked not quite making eye contact but not looking away either.

"Good I guess. It's been a long time," Dex replied with a flashback passing through his mind of just how much time had passed. After the Neverseen defeat he started working in the store and had met Emlinel a talentless Elf. He had never registered for the match, part out of protest and part because it didn't seem to matter after everything they had gone through. They had started hanging out and bonded over alchemy and the gadgets he made. Her skills were more advanced than his, it almost made Dex wonder if there was an undiscovered talent for alchemy. They both knew they would be a bad match but in the end they fell in love and got married.

"I was hoping you would," Linh started to say with a wave of dread and hope washing over her, "meet me at Calla's panakes tree tomorrow at sunrise. I have something I would like to show everyone and it wouldn't be right if you weren't there."

Dex paused thinking of what he needed to do the next day Before a familiar smile crept across Dex's face and he calmed her fears, "Sure I could use a little adventure. Life has gotten a little quiet."

And with that an explosion came from the back room and a red headed boy no more than 10 came running out and Linh knew Dex probably had more to share but that she would need to wait to hear more of how his life had changed.

"Thank you, I will see you tomorrow," Linh said before quietly leaving the shop. Next was Keefe who she hoped would be just as agreeable.