Chapter 47

Hailey's POV
It felt like we sat there for along time in the dark. I watched as he flipped through his twitter feed and listened to the sounds of Skylynn sleeping with her quiet murmurs and the faint sound of the tv. Hayes would laugh every once and awhile and show me a funny post he found and I would look at him and quietly laugh along with him; it was an ongoing cycle for awhile until he set his phone down and just stared straight head at the tv though I could tell he was in his own little world. With my head still on his shoulder, I grabbed his free hand and held it. I felt him move his head and look down at me but I refused to look back at him with a smirk on my face.
"Hey Hayes?"
"Ya?"
"Why'd you get so upset when I saw Daniel?" I questioned him out. It really wasn't a big deal but it had been on my mind ever since and I wanted to know the truth.
"I don't know. I guess I was just tired and well it was stupid" he answered stumbling over his words.
"but there had to be a reason. just tell me the truth"
"You wouldn't understand" he said in the most gentlest term of the phrase.
"Maybe I won't understand but you can explain it to me" I pivoted my head up to look at him, but he was looking off in space again. Except this time he was biting his lip and looked concentrated or worried or maybe even upset.

I knew at that point that i should just drop the conversation, though I still wanted an answer. The movie eventually finished and I heard Hayes grab the remote from beside him and flip through multiple channels before he stopped on one, which played a show that didn't seem familiar. I kept on looking at the clock every 2-3 minutes. It was getting late, or early if you want to be precise. 1 am had long passed and it was coming onto 2:30 am. My eyes started to drift closed slowly; I felt Hayes pull me in closer to him as I started to fall asleep.
"Hailey?" he asked to see if I was still awake.
"Ya?" I responded with a rough tired voice.
"I like you."
I rubbed my eyes to try and adjust things in my head and overthink if I had just heard him correctly.
"Ya I like you too Hayes"
"No hail, I mean I like you" I sat up slowly pulling myself out from underneath his embrace and sat with my legs crossed facing him.
I stared at him blankly.
"I got jealous when you saw Daniel, I was scared that you and him had a thing before you came here and never really broke it off" he explained and I nodded my head.
"Hayes?"
"Ya?"
"I like you too" I grinned widely before I gave him a hug. He pulled me onto his lap as we hugged and we both smiled like idiots.
"Hailey, one last question?" He said into my shoulder , I pulled away and looked at him.
"Would you accompany me sometime on a date?"
"I would love too" I laughed and hugged him again. We sat there and he held my hand.
Soon enough we both drifted off peacefully; like two puzzle pieces who have finally been fit together.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

The day has finally come!

💗 HAYES AND HAILEY 💗

#haisley ?
#hayles ?

Idk ? comment what you think their ship name should be!

Another update coming soon :)