Part 3

Marco's POV

I woke up in a dark place which I soon recognised as Mewni the moon was high in the sky and the forest had this twisted mystical aura about it. I knew this place this moment, I could never forget it, for one night I was happy. I saw white flames ascend into the sky I ventured toward the source but I already knew who it was. There perched on the branch of that great tree was me and my Queen Febe the Red one she was the one monarch who I actually cared for the first one to take off my mask the first one to accept me the one who gave me the name The Passionate One because with her that's who I was. I would always be so happy and cared so much for the things that I loved. It started with our love of the colour red our likeness for romance our caring and fun personalities sure we had our differences but we still cared for each other. It was with her that my orange flame went white, when I am negative it is red when I am mixed or indifferent it is orange but when I am positive it goes the brightest white. I looked from my seat at the both of us I couldn't help but tear up letting the crimson run down my face.

"Why is my mind showing me this I know what happens next." Febe's parents never supported us but now her father was gone and her mother in a nursing home we were free of their ridicule. However life isn't fair, this the happiest moment of my life would be destroyed by the worst moment of my life the next day. I saw Febe rest her head on my shoulder as I looked in the sky I heard myself whisper.

"I'll never leave you." And once more a tear ran down my face I lied to my favourite person in the universe and it was the worst lie to ever be told. The memory shifted and transformed and now I looked at my...daughter Festivia god damn the world where I outlive her, damn the world where I outlive my love, and damn me!. Never do I let someone remove my mask now I will never relive that moment the moment the moon became my eye a beautiful red in a sea of dark. I woke up and saw Star's head resting on my shoulder I smiled a bit and then delicately shifted her head so I could get up without waking her I turned and saw Mrs Thomas cooking breakfast.

"Good morning you seemed like you had a good night."

"It was okay." I went to go upstairs to my room when something caught her eye.

"W-were you bleeding?" I summoned a mirror and saw that I had accidentally cried in my sleep.

"Sorry my tears are blood."

"The movie was that sad or that bad." I chuckled a bit I'd of laughed more if I wasn't in such a bad mood.

"No I just relived an old old memory, one that isn't particularly happy, I'm fine."