Juice.

When I woke up, Juice was sleeping on the couch. Though I don't know how he was still on it, his arm was hanging off the edge & so was his leg, he was half on the couch half off it & face down. I snorted at the sight with a smile & shook my head.
I walked to the fridge & grabbed the milk to make a coffee, as I was making it I heard a thud & looked over my shoulder into the loungeroom to see Juice on the floor groaning. I chuckled.
"morning sunshine." I teased.
I saw an arm shoot up from the other side of the coffee table & flip me off.
He pushed himself off the floor & straightened his jeans. "coffee?" I asked he nodded as he walked over to the bench & pulled out a stool to sit on.
"How'd you sleep?" he asked voice rapsy from not being used.
"good" I answered "though not as good as you from the look of things when I woke up." I chuckled.
"yeah I did sleep pretty well." he said, as I handed him his coffee "so what are we doing today?" he asked with a smile.
I looked at him from over the rim of my cup as I took a sip "I'm picking up the kids, you don't have to come Juice. I'm sure you've got better things to do." I said.
He shook his head "nah, I don't mind." he said.
"you sure?" I asked raising my eyebrow as I put my mug on the table.
"yeah, I thought I might help around here while Ope's away. I mean if that's okay I don't want to intrude." he said nervously.
I nodded in agreement "that would be great actually, I mean as long as it doesn't get in the way of club stuff." I didn't want to get juice in trouble, he was sweet but I have a feeling that's what gets him in to trouble. You know those people who are sweet but to their own default.
"nah, it'll be fine. We're laying low anyway, the cops are up our arse since the shit with the Irish went down." he said taking a sip of his coffee.
"yeah, okay well I'll get ready & we'll head out." I said, he smiled & nodded before I turned to get ready for the day.

When we arrived at Tara's the kids were having breakfast I knocked & entered "Hey" I called as I walked in.
"oh hey! We're in the kitchen." Tara answered.
Juice & I entered the kitchen & Elli immediately jumped up "Ace! I had so much fun, we watched movies & Tara gave us ice cream!" she rushed out.
"wow, baby! That sounds fun!" I said back mirroring her smile with my own, I turned to Tara. "thank you so much for having them." I said.
She smiled at me "It's really no problem." she said as she placed a banana in front of Able. "have you heard from Jax?" she asked.
I shook my head "no, nothing yet. I'll let you know when I do." I said to her suddenly serious. She nodded & gave me a sad smile, there was a long pause as we both looked at the kids. "well we should head out, I've got some groceries to do before we go home." I said. Kenny sighed as he stood & walked to the lounge room to get his bag.
"yeah I've got to get to work." Tara said "but you guys should come by again sometime this week for dinner? You're always welcome to come around." she said with a smile.
"yeah I'd like that, I'll call you? Or you call me? Whichever." I said as I turned to check that the kids had everything.
"did you forget anything?" I asked. Elli shook her head & Kenny looked around with a frown.
"where's my car?" he asked. His eyes brightened when he looked on the couch & found it sitting on one of the cushions. I rolled my eyes at him, I knew he'd loose that toy.
"okay well I'll see you later, Tara. Thanks again." I said, she smiled & nodded as she waved. I looked at Able & blew him a kiss before walking out the door.
"so you & Tara are friends?" juice asked as we walked to the car.
"um yeah I suppose we are, we got off to a rocky start but we're good now." I answered.
"everyone gets off to a rocky start with her, she hates this life." juice said as he hoped into the passenger seat.
I frowned as I opened the door to the drivers side, she sounds like she causes a lot of trouble I thought to myself.

                 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was in the grocery store when my phone began to ring, I looked at juice who was pushing the trolley & frowned.
I looked at the screen & saw it was Bobby, I immediately flipped open my phone "Hey pop, what's up?" I asked reaching for a tin of coffee & tossing it into the trolley.
"Ace, we need you to see Ope again & give the update. Things with the Irish have been smoothed over & we've got a possible lead on our rat problem." he said.
I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "I'll set it up, you'll need to leave in the next hour. Get juice to take you up there." he said. I looked at juice, who was making faces at a giggling Elli.
"actually could you send Tig? If I have to head out there so soon, I'd rather Juice watch the kids until Gemma can get to the house." I said.
"yeah, I'll tell Gemma to head over & I'll send Tig to pick you up where are you?" he asked.
"I'm at the grocery store but I'll cut it short & head home now." I said.
"alright, kid. I'll talk to you soon." he said before hanging up. Juice looked over at me with a smile.
"what's going on?" he asked.
"I've got to head out, can you stay with the kids at Ope's until Gemma gets there?" I asked. He nodded "I'll explain it to you later." I said rolling my eyes as we headed to the check out.