Chapter 21: Doubt Not

F A R A

I said goodbye to Molly before I hopped into the car. I just leaned my back against the backrest of my seat and listened to the stereo of the car. Sometimes, I was throwing a glance at Storm while his eyes were focused on the road. Because I had less sleep, I felt a little bit dizzy and my eyes felt heavy. I slid my hand inside the pocket of my jacket. Napatigil ako nang makapa ko ang mga gamot ko doon.

I forgot to take them last night! Kaya pala hirap ako sa pagtulog.

"Are you really okay?" Storm asked me. It was obvious that he noticed my uneasiness.

"Yes," I calmly said.

"You're so quiet." He glanced at me. "Maybe you're already hungry."

"I am." It was true. I was starving because we didn't eat our breakfast yet.

"You should have told me."

Dumiretso kami sa drive thru ng isang fastfood restaurant. He asked me what I wanted and he ordered it for me. And I just ate my order quietly throughout our trip.

Humilata ako sa kama nang makarating kami sa bahay. Sobrang sarap sa pakiramdam ng paglapat ng likod ko sa malambot na kama.

"Do you still have medicine?" I stopped when Storm asked me.

I have to lie, or he will worry, I reminded myself.

"Uh... w-wala na." The last medicine in my pocket was my last medicine, which I should have taken last night.

"I'll tell Manang Linda to buy you more..." he said and left the room.

I closed my eyes when I noticed my heart beating fast. I just heaved a deep sigh and opened my eyes again.

***

I was woken up by the fresh-from-the-bath smell. When I opened my eyes, I saw Storm fixing his necktie. My brows furrowed when I saw a suitcase on the bed.

"Storm," I called him.

He turned around to face me. "Hey, good morning," he greeted me with a smile on his lips.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll be gone for two days. Sorry, hindi ko kaagad nasabi sa'yo. Biglaan kasi ang business meeting namin."

I felt sad. How I wished that he was not a businessman.

He gave me a kiss on the forehead before he left.

***

S T O R M

Fara was acting differently these past few days. It began before we went home from the camp. And I was a little bit worried because it might be that her depression was coming back. I kept asking her if she was okay, but she always denied her feelings.

I heard my phone ring in my pocket. I saw Alexander's name when I checked who was calling.

"Hello?" I accepted the call.

"Hey, Storm. Are you busy?"

"No. Why?"

"We have a reunion tomorrow."

"Reunion tomorrow? Bakit biglaan?"

"I don't know. Basta punta ka. We miss our bonding together."

"Okay, fine."

"See you there!"

"God bless you." I ended the call. Fortunately, this was my last day here in Paris.