Chapter 45- Part 2.

Start from the beginning

Liam took a seat down next to Niall, being careful with his ribs as they were still tender. "Liam, it hurts." Niall whimpered, pouting at him when pain seared through his stomach and he yelped in pain again. "What's happened?" Liam exclaimed, looking troubled at Jo. "He's dilating which isn't a good sign." She admitted and ushered Liz to her side.

Liam's heart quickened and Niall and Liam both exchanged worried glances. "Liam, I'm so sorry," Niall sniffed and Liam frowned. "What about?"

"I'm letting you down. I'm not gonna make it, it's too much-"

"Hey, don't talk like that. You're gonna be fine. You hear me?" Liam soothed, stroking Nialls cheek as he planted a kiss on his forehead. Niall was panting nervously and he looked like he was about to be sick. Niall must've noticed how scared Liam was as well, the sympathy was plastered all over his face.

"Okay Niall, the anaesthetic is ready now we've run a few tests so we're just gonna inject you with it and after ten seconds you'll fall into a deep sleep, okay?" Jo assured him. Niall started to panic then, clinging tightly on to Liam as he gasped frantically, his hair damp with sweat.

"Liam, I don't want this to happen. What if something had happens? What if I don't wake up?" Niall cried and Liam did his best too sooth him.

"Hey, it's okay. That's just a natural fear to have, don't worry. Just count to ten and you'll wake up before you know it. Okay?" Liam assured him, stroking his cheek with the pad of his thumb as he cupped his face.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

There was a short pause.

"Liam?"

"Mhmm?"

"There's something I have to tell y...."

Niall could feel his eyes starting to droop as he stared into Liam's chocolate brown ones. His head then titled to the side and his eyes fluttered closed, leaving Liam feeling completely helpless.

"Liam, do you mind putting this on?" Liam was brought out of his trance. Jo was standing next to him, holding a large overall and mask at arms and length and Liam slipped it on. He then sat back down. He took Nialls hand in his, pressing a gentle kiss to his knuckles and gazing at his sleeping face.

He ignored the instructions Liz and Jo were talking about, not able to face all the blood and gore that was happening at the other end. He concentrated on Nialls face instead and smiled. Niall was just beautiful, inside and out. He was stunning. His face was pale but with angelic features, what with the long lashes and perfectly pink lips and ocean blue eyes. His hair was brown, dyed blonde of course but it was more naturally brown...and very messy. He was perfect.

Liam's head snapped round to the sound of a baby crying and his heart was beating a million times a minute he thought it was going to burst. He gasped at the sound, looking at the tiny turf of hair and the tiny baby that Jo held in her arms. Liam gulped nervously. Kian. That was his son. He gasped and he met Jo's gaze as she held him. She wrapped him up in a blanket and held it out for Liam to get a better view and letting him cut the cord. It was easier than he thought it would be.

He clasped his hands over his mouth, staring at Kian in awe. He was perfect, just like Niall. "Congratulations, Liam." She smiled and took him over to one of the cots at the other side of the room to monitor him. She then brought of Katy, but that's when Liam started to panic. There was no sound, no crying coming from Katy. Liam moved his hands and clasped them behind his head in exasperation.

"Why isn't she crying?" Liam asked anxiously, breathing unevenly. He cut the cord nervously but started to worry when Jo wouldn't even let him see his baby girl. "Why can't I see her?" Liam pressed, walking round Niall to get to Katy but Liz only stopped him, pressing a hand firmly on his chest. "Katy-"