Eeva

Seslie sat down on a bench, watching the clock on the wall tick along.
Time always seemed to go SO much slower when you stare at it.
The past couple of hours were hectic, so much had happened. Seslie and Kyle almost got eaten by a vicious beast, who just so happened to be her close friend, Tripp.
So much information was given them about him. Who his master was, where he was from, and apparently what he could be. And even with all that information, it still didn't say much about him, but it did explain a bit why he was the way he was.
She felt so bad for him, the way he was treated, the pain he went through for something natural for his species. She was able to get through to him, but still in a beastly way, he tried to attack his master, Sterile, and got himself shot. So, in a way, Tripp wasn't entirely cured.
Now she was in the back hallway of the motel they were staying at, waiting for Kyle to finish patching up Tripp. The front of the hotel was decent for guests to see, and the rooms were okay enough to deal with. But because the hotel wasn't used very often, there was no need for upkeep. Or at least the care to upkeep it. The motel smelled like bad cabbage and the carpet was pretty stained with something dark, and she was hoping it was coffee or dirt. 'No wonder we can afford it..' She thought to herself, feeling a bit sick to her stomach at the thought.

But what really got to her, was what Sterile said as he described about Tripp, he also included about using her people's power to give Tripp and whoever else, their powers. Surely this has to be recent since she left home, as she hadn't heard of any kidnapping of anyone she knew. And she couldn't imagine anyone volunteering for such a heinous crime. Sterile had to be stopped, but she didn't even know where to begin with that.
Seslie sighed nervously, trying to shake the feelings aside as she looked down at Kida, who was sitting by her feet.
She actually paid attention to what the wolf looked like, how her fur laid flatly against her body. It was a soft, dark gray with silver highlights. Along her face, tail and the fur on her jaw were just slightly soften with blonde shading.
Kida tilted her head up at Seslie and stared at her for a moment as though wondering why she was being stared at. Her eyes were deep and wild, like a dark forest with no way out. She looked intelligent, like she could speak and understand just as well as anyone else. Of course, nothing was coming out of the wolf, just an intellectual stare.

Paris stepped out of the room that was beside the bench. With a quiet sigh, she sat beside Seslie, petting Kida on the head.

"Well? How is he?" Seslie asked worriedly.

"He'll be fine." Paris answered, calmness covered whatever panic or worry she may have had. "Kyle is just finishing up, he'll be out soon."

Soon after saying that, Kyle came out the same room, pulling nylon gloves off his hands, his chest bare without a shirt as his torso was wrapped with gauze and medical tape. "Oh, how sweet, he has visitors." He said jokingly after looking upon Seslie. "He's fine, he'll be up in a little while."

Seslie nodded in relief, trying not to notice the different scars that seemed to be chiseled into Kyle's bare skin. She figured that it must help him be more clean in the surgery without a shirt, and with his injuries, it was probably hard for him to adorn one. She then asked quietly, "How bad was it?"

"Eh, I've seen worse." He replied casually as he tosses the gloves in a nearby trash can, "But if he was in his human form, there's a slight chance he could have died. Just a slight chance.
The bullet that was used was made out of cast iron. Not very popular nowadays, it's pretty rare and illegal in the R.C, with good reason. Cast iron can do a real hurting on you that you may not recover from. Sterile must have known what he was using. I'll do some analysis on the bullet when we get back to the ship."

Seslie started to ask another question before she heard footsteps to the left of her. As she turned her head, she saw Helios jogging stiffly towards them, his clothes dripping wet from the rain.
"Where have you been!?" Seslie demanded gently, standing up to meet him, "We looked everywhere for you."