Chapter 9: A Dog Chasing its own Tail

Ross's POV

I strummed some chords and decided to put Luna away. I walk upstairs and see Rydel, Ell, Ryland, and Riker laughing at something on the computer. I walked over and they quickly closed the computer. 

"What are you watching?" I asked. They all shook their heads and murmured no. 

"Guys, I deserve to laugh too. I've been upset for the past week. Can you please tell me?" I begged and did the puppy eyes. The guys scoffed but Rydel fell for it. 

"We were watching Shane Dawson's new video." She said. 

"Why were you keeping that from me?" I asked with a frown. 

"Because it's about you, doofus." Ell said. 

"Yeah. This girl made you sound like a big jerk." Riker added. 

I ran to my room and turned on my laptop. I searched the video and watched. I saw Macey show up on the screen. As I watched further, I saw that they reanacted the scene with Linda. I laughed because Shane made Linda look like a total bitch. 

She was one. 

After the video finished, I read the comments and was not happy about them. 

This girl is a bitch.

She is totally lieing. 

Like she eva meet Ross lynch. Whatever, attention whore. 

I replied to it after reading enough.

Macey is not lying. She is an amazing girl and I was trying to force her to do something that I never should have done. I'm very sorry, Macey, if you're reading this. Please come back home. 

I pushed send and sat back. And then, it hit me. 

I have to go to Shane Dawson's house. 

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Macey's POV

I open the garage and pull the car in. I didn't want anyone driving by and seeing my car. I walked into my childhood home. I sat in my dad's storytelling chair and looked around.

I began to sob as I remembered the wonderful stories he used to tell me and my mother about the army. 

I missed my mother baking our family's secret cookies in the kitchen. 

I missed my brother playing football outside with me. 

I missed our family getaways.

I missed the lake house. 

I missed everything. I sobbed harder and I heard the front door open. 

It could be a robber for all I care. They can take me away so I can rejoin my family. 

"Macey?" 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ross's POV 

I show up at Shane's house. It was huge! I hesistantly went up to the door and rang the doorbell. A woman, I assume Lisa, opened the door. She looked tired and she yawned while blinking her eyes.

"Who are you? And why are you at my house at 3 in the morning?" she asked. I could tell she still wasn't awake yet. I cleared my throat.

"I'm Ross. Is Macey here?" She looked at me wide awake and frowned.

"You're the jerk, huh? It sucks that you're handsome." I didn't know whether that was a compliment or an insult.

"Um, thanks? Yeah, that's me. So, um, have you seen her?" I stuttered out. The woman looked at me confused. 

"No. She said she was going home 2 days ago, right after we made the video. I hope we didn't offend you by the way." I shook my head.

"No, it was true. I did act like a jerk. But Macey didn't come home... I think. Let me call her best friend." I pull out my phone to see I have a missed call from Rocky.

"Dude, what's up?" I asked. 

"She's found! Lexi found her!" Rocky shouted. 

"What?" 

"Macey. Lexi found Macey at her parents' house! You have to go there now! She's have a mental breakdown and nothing can calm her down!" I looked at Lisa whose eyes were filled with concern. 

"Rocky, text me the address. I'll be there." I hung up the phone and looked at Lisa with relief. 

"She's at her parents' house. I have to go. Thank you for your help." I started walking to my car when Lisa called out to me.

"Can you call me when she's okay? Please?" I sighed and went to her to get her number. She told me and I put it in my phone. 

"Sorry for waking you." I said as I got in my car. 

"It's okay. Just make sure she's safe." She waved and I waved back. I looked up the address that Rocky sent me and headed on my way. 

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Macey's POV

Lexi held me to her chest as I cried. Why did I even decide to come here? I knew I wasn't over it yet. 

The pain it caused still hurt. Too much. 

I heard Rocky talking to someone at the front door. Lexi lifted my head and made me look at her.

"I know you're probably mad at him and you don't want to talk to him but Rocky and I think he can help. Please, just hear him out?" I weakly shook my head. Lexi left and someone walked in. I knew who he was before he even spoke.

Ross.

It made me cry even more. He ran to me and wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me into his chest and I cried onto his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Mace. I'm so so so so sorry. This is all my fault and..." I made him stop by putting my hand to his lips. 

"It's not your fault. I would have started crying at home too. It's better that it's here and not at the apartment." Ross scrunched up his nose with confusion. It was adorable.

"What? I mean you don't have to tell me if you're uncomfortable," he rambled again. I sighed and snuggled against his chest.

"You know, you are very adorable when you ramble." He turned red and grinned. I sighed again.

"Today is the day my parents and my brother died last year," I whispered. I saw Ross's eyes fill with sympathy. He hugged me tighter and kissed my forehead. 

"I'm so sorry, Mace. This must be so hard for you." I looked into his hazel eyes to see if he was lying.

He wasn't.

This was when I knew that he was perfect. He really liked me. 

And I'm pretty sure I like him back. 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

And there it is. Chapter is done and so am I. Yay! Kidding. This chapter is for 

RILEYLYNCHR51145 for adding this story to her reading list. Thank you so much for that! :)