Chapter 1

• Dedicated to my eighth grade English teacher who told me that I should be a writer

"Now boarding Flight A64 to Cancun, Mexico." The attendant called through the intercom of the airport. Daisy and I gave each other excited looks before turning around to our parents.

"Oh, Ray!" My mom pulled me into a tight hug. "We will miss you so much. Be safe, please. I love you, honey."

"I love you too, Mom. And I promise I'll be as careful as I can be." I said when she finally let go of me.

My mom gave me another nervous smile before turning to my brother and saying, "Julian, say goodbye to your sister."

"See ya, Ray." He forced, hands in pockets and gaze fixed on the ground. At seventeen, he thought he was too cool for his family.

"Julian!" My mom scolded.

"Goodbye, Reina, I will miss you so dearly." He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. I laughed and pulled him into a hug. The amount of cologne he had on gave me a headache within seconds. Oh, teenage boys. Next up was my dad.

"Reina, you be good, okay? You know what to do in emergency situations. Make sure you always have your cell phone on you and try not to ignore our calls, okay?" He lectured. Sometimes I wished my dad wasn't so protective of me. If so, then maybe I wouldn't have had to wait until I was twenty-one to go on Spring Break.

"Don't worry, Dad, I can handle myself." I told him with a proud smile. He kissed the top of my head and I turned back to Daisy.

"You ready to go?" I asked her, both of our eager smiles spreading from ear to ear. She nodded.

"I'm going to tell you the same thing I told her," Mrs. Wilson - Daisy's mom - said, and then leaned down to whisper to me. "Don't get too drunk and if he's not cute before a few drinks, it's not worth it." I laughed along with Mrs. Wilson. She was like my second mother - the one that was realistic. My real mother was just a follower of whatever my dad said or did. Mrs. Wilson gave me a kiss goodbye and Daisy and I gave our last round of waves as we walked up to the attendant.

We handed the attendant our tickets and she scanned them. We boarded the plane, secured our carry-ons, and took our seats. I let Daisy have the one next to the window and I took the one in the aisle, since my parents thought it would be safer if we bought all the tickets for the row and wouldn't have to have any randoms sitting so close to us. After many cabin checks and the final announcement to fasten our seat belts, the plane took off.

"Mexico," Daisy said, looking out the window at the shrinking world beneath us. "I can't believe we're finally going on Spring Break. This is going to be the best week of our lives."

"I know, I can't wait." I said with an eager smile.

"So what are you going to wear when we get there?" Daisy asked, turning towards me with a smile. The rest of the plane ride was spent chatting about nonsense and our expectations for the trip.

"Spring Break!" Daisy shouted and threw her suitcase on one of the two double beds as we entered our hotel room. She opened the balcony curtains and we both took in the beach scene in front of us. "So let's get this show on the road! Let's get down to the beach!"

"Slow down, Dais," I said to her with a small giggle. "We just got in here. I'm sure the parties won't stop within the next hour or two. We should unpack first." I was the rational one of the two of us. That became obvious our freshman year at UPitt when we were rooming together. Everyone says opposites attract, and Daisy and I sure were a contradiction.

"Reina Marie, the only thing you should be getting out of that suitcase is a skimpy ass bikini, your ID, and a garbage bag for the dirty clothes you're about to take off. Let's go!" She opened her own suitcase and followed her own instructions, sorting through some bathing suits and deciding on some sort of orange and hot pink string-monstrosity. When she put it on, the bottoms hardly covered her butt cheeks and her boobs were nearly falling out of the bandeau top.

I just shook my head at her and picked out my favorite bikini. The top was yellow and "flounce" - or at least that's what Victoria's Secret called it - and it ended just where a normal bikini top would but covered much more cleavage, and the bottoms were a blue and yellow floral pattern with thick straps that made it modest enough for me to be comfortable in. Daisy rolled her eyes at me.

"Do you want to borrow one of my tops?" She asked sarcastically with a giggle.

"If I were to wear anything close to the tops you wear, the seams would be ripping considering I'm two cup-sizes bigger than you and your nipples are nearly showing." I pointed out.

"Oh lighten up!" Daisy exclaimed, putting on a pair of RayBan sunglasses and braiding her hair to the side. "I'll bet that I can get laid faster than you will."

"Do you really want to bet that?" I asked, letting my competitive side overrule my innocence.

"Let's." She said, raising an eyebrow behind her tinted glasses.

"Deal." I challenged. "First to bring a boy back to the room or go back to a boy's room wins. And what are we betting?"

"Hmm, let's make this interesting." She put her finger to her lip in inquiry. "If I win, you have to do a typical Spring Break flashing."

"And if I win, one night here we will not go out. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I know it'd kill you." I said, knowing it was the best idea I had.

Daisy smiled at me and I shook my head again. This was all kind of crazy to me. I became so used to being forced to stay home during high school that most nights in college I spent in my dorm studying. Once in a while, Daisy would force me to accompany her to overrated, uncleanly frat parties. Those weren't exactly my scene - especially since I didn't drink much - but also because I found nothing appealing about people throwing up and making out all over the place.

But this was beyond any raging frat party. This was Spring Break - the wildest week for college students. And here I was in Mexico with my best friend about to go walk around in nothing but a bikini to go find random boys that we didn't know.

Not to mention the silly bet we made. I wasn't entirely sure if I would follow through with the terms. I didn't like the idea of doing something like that with someone I didn't know. And I'd hope that Daisy had the same respect for herself as well, but I knew she'd end up winning either way.

I told my parents that we'd only be going to the beach on this vacation and be on our best behavior the entire time. We hadn't even been in Mexico an hour, and if they found out about anything that happened so far, they'd kill me.

"Well, let's get out of here! I've got a bet to win." Daisy exclaimed, breaking me out of my thoughts. I smiled and followed along with her as she grabbed my wrist and left the room and our packed suitcases as they were, heading for the elevators.

-----------PLEASE READ-----------

A/N:

Hi! I just wanted to take some time to introduce myself and the story. I'm Alexis and this is Guilty Pleasure, my first fan fiction and first story on Wattpad but definitely not my first story ever written! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, I have a great passion for writing and for One Direction so the two go great together ;)

I've written most of this story in advance already and every chapter will be written and edited (countless times) before it is posted on here. The chapters will be relatively short; I'm not going to make you read a novel, just a fan fiction :)

I'd love to hear anything that anyone has to say and I hope I can make some friends! I don't have a Twitter for this fanfic yet and I probably won't make one unless it gets somewhat popular, so communicate with me through Wattpad.

Most importantly, please read past the first chapter, and then past the first few. I know they're slow and they're not the best but please bare with me! When you read novels, the first few chapters are always boring because characters are being introduced and the setting is being laid and sub-plots are beginning to develop, so please just push through. I promise it'll get better.

Thank you for reading! ~Alexis

And just a disclaimer: this story is not associated with One Direction, Lily Collins (Reina), Leighton Meester (Daisy), or any of the other cast/faces (all listed in the side bar). This story is my own, no ideas copied from anywhere - just my mind - so this is copyright to @al3x-iis on Wattpad.