I

"Olivia Adams, please state the events in order"

"Yes, your honor"

3 years earlier 

"Come on Pickles" Gordon, my best friend, gets on his knees and lets his red hair hang over his face while he begs in front of everyone in the restaurant. He was always oen to like the attention since we were children, it was nothing new as all eyes fell on us.

"Fine, but only one date, I have a deadlines you know." As I continue to devour my lunch I notice Gordon smirking at his phone that lie flat on the table. From what I can see, there's a dark outline of a man. He looks up to see me staring and picks his phone up from the red cedar wood table.

Seeing as though it was a blind date, I knew he wouldn't let me see that man, but a woman could try. 

"Gordon; husband of Atticus, you better show me what that picture looks like or so god help me." 

"No." He replies.

The more I pry, the more defensive he becomes so I accept defeat and we continue our lunch. 

The lunch came to an end as Gordon recived a call and had to see himself out.

Before he leaves, I ask about where the date may occur and he just replies with "he'll pick you up."

I stay for an extra hour listening to audios of Edgar Allan Poe short stories while watching people come and go.

As I get ready to leave, I pay my bill and make my way out of the restaurant into the sun setting at nearly 6 O'clock.

Time never seemed to work with New York. It was a wonder as to why I ever moved here let alone stayed.

I never drove anywhere unless it was to work, the streets were terrible.

I continued to listen to the many audios. They were absolutely beautiful. Listening to Christopher Lee's voice as the sun set was peak happiness. I've always loved literature and wondered what led me to do architecture. 

My thoughts safely led me home to my apartment. There was never much to do, so I went straight to work in my office. I pulled out the old speaker from the corner next to my desk against the wall and I connected it to my phone. The audios now played out loud. Listening to people speak while I tried to work never helped so I turned the video off and listened to Lucas King instead.

Minutes turned to hours and I found myself working on and finishing my many small projects. I'd have to go to work in just under 6 hours, but something I lived by roughly quoted was the key to success lies under the alarm clock I decided to work until it was time for me to officially go to work. 

It was easy to neglect sleep. I didn't have to make up for the lost time.