Chapter 47

"Belle?" I yell, running up the stairs. I hear her whimpering from her bedroom and I run in there.

"James." She cries and I rush to her side, getting on my knees beside the bed. "Ow!"

"I-It's going to be okay, Belle. Just breath." I tell her, grabbing her hand to comfort her.

"I never learned how to breathe, genius. We never went to those stupid breathing classes." I take a breath and look around her room.

"Where's your grandmother?"

"She went to the store." Belle said breathlessly. I bite the inside of my cheek and think.

"Okay, we need to go to the hospital." I finally say. I slide my arms under her body and lift her up off her bed.

For someone eight months pregnant, she wasn't very heavy.

Belle wraps her arms around my neck and I carefully walk down the stairs. She continues to whimper in my ear and I felt my heart ache. I can't stand to see her in so much pain.

I gently place her in the backseat of my car and run to the driver's side. I turn the key and zoom off down the road. Belle's whimpers grew into a full groan for a couple seconds then went quieter.

"God, this hurts so much." Belle cries and I bite my lip.

"I know, baby. It's going to be okay." I whisper, glancing at her in the mirror. Even with bed head and a pained expression on her face, she was still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and picked Belle up once again before entering the building. The person at the front desk was on the phone with someone as I approached.

"How may I help you?" She asked casually, as if I wasn't carrying a heavily pregnant girl in my arms.

"My girlfriend...she's in labor." I answer breathlessly. The lady nodded and picked up the phone again. I stopped paying attention to what she was staying and looked down at Belle.

Her eyes were squeezed shut and her face was slightly red. I felt so bad for her.

"Sir, put her here." A doctor instructed me, making me look up. He was holding the handles of a wheelchair and I did as I was told, placing her gently in the chair.

The doctor turned her around and rushed her into a room. I decided now would be a good time to call Belle's grandmother.

"Hello?" She asked through the phone.

"Nan, it's James." I said breathlessly, my heart racing in my chest.

"James? Aren't you supposed to be in school. Pay attention to class."

"I'm not at school, I'm at the hospital."

"What? Why? Did you get hurt?" She asked worryingly.

"No, but Belle just went into labor. I drove her here and they just put her in a room."

"Oh my gosh, I'll be right there." I nodded, then realized she couldn't see me.

"Alright, hurry." And then I hung up.

~~~

"When will the pain stop?" Belle whined, a couple tears falling down her cheeks. I wipe them away and sigh.

"When the baby gets here, sweetheart." I whisper.

"Ugh! It hurts so much." She takes a breath and turns her head to face me on the bed. "I'm hungry."

I smile at her cuteness and push some hair out of her face. "Alright, what do you want?"

"A McDonald's double cheeseburger with fries. Oh, and I chocolate milkshake." She smiled innocently at me.