40. Stan's Decision

I hope you enjoy this next chapter!

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

"Well, Wrenny Wren I know what I want to do. I really want the Roman dude to make mom and Veronica nicer people."

Wren's heart breaks. She knows that this will be the hardest thing she ever has to do. Her mates tense around her, itching to tell Stan no. To tell him that he can't do that. Not to Wren. Not to their mate.

Wren - 'Don't. I don't want him to know what it means. I wanted him to make the choice his heart wants, without worrying about what it will do to me.'

Gray - 'But, My Heart, he loves you so much. He won't want a life without you in it.'

Wren - 'I know. But after his memories are altered to protect him, he won't even miss me. Because I won't have existed. Roman can alter his memories of me, into Veronica. And give Veronica the thoughts and love I have for Stan. It will be as if I'm still in his heart.'

Ian - 'That's not good enough, Little Bird. You don't deserve the pain of having lost him.'

Van - 'Angel, we can find another... Wait, listen to him.'

"So that way when they move away, maybe they'll be happier and have friends and stuff. Then if mom gets married again and has a kid, she won't treat them mean. So when can he take me from their brains? How long before I get to see you again?"

Wren pulls him to her lap and kisses his cheeks. "Soon, really really soon. We'll have them move a week after the funeral and we'll let them drive out a few hours before we take you away.

"It'll be perfect. I'll be your new m..."

Stan shakes his head and sighs. "Wrenny Wren, your not new. You've always been my sister. Silly goosey."

He crawls into Gwendolyn's lap and pats Atticus' shoulder. "Gwenny Gwen and Atticus will be my new mommy and daddy, after all they're your parents, and you're my sister. Right?" Stan looks up at them with bright eyes.

Atticus smiles at him. "Right. That makes sense to me."

"Me too," Gwendolyn chimes in with an extra snuggley hug to Stan.

Wren smiles, laughs and cries all at once. With a huff of breath she shakes her head in wonder. "Yes. I suppose so. You're quite the smart one, Stan the Man."

"Well duh! I learned it from you."

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Night has fallen. All the prisoners have been secured to await their trial, the doctor's body was staged and has been discovered as an 'accident' victim. Stan is temporarily with his mother and Wren is waiting anxiously for her parents to join them at their hotel suite.

She stares unseeingly out the wide window overlooking the small city from ten stories high. Her mates are a dim reflection on the streak free glass. All three are looking at her with love and concern.

"it'll be okay Little Bird. We have several Chiad Sreath on watch. They are the 'police's of our world, they will make sure no harm comes to Stan while you are apart."

She sighs and turns towards them. "I know you're right, it's just so hard not to worry." She runs a rough hand through her hair. "Do you think..." She sighs again as her shoulders droop and she cast her eyes to the ground."

"What Angel, what is it running through your mind? Please don't block us out. We want to help you. Whatever your thoughts or feelings, we're here for you."

"I'm sorry." She says with a watery voice. She then runs to them, throwing herself into their awaiting arms. Her face snuggles onto Gray's chest, ear finding the steady beat of his heart, their heart.

She then releases the block from her mind and lets them feel the confusion in her heart and soul. "Do you think that mom and dad are truly okay with taking in Stan?"

"Yes. I believe it with all my heart." Gray's voice rumbles out from his chest where her ear still lays. "In fact, I think that they're in love with the idea. They missed so much with you, this may feel like a bit of redemption, a second chance in a way."

Wren kisses his chest. "I think you may be right. Thank you, My Gray."

"Anytime, My Heart."

A soft tap at the door interrupts any further ocnversation between the four. Ian greets Atticus and Gwendolyn as they both enter. They quickly go to Wren, pulling her into a hug.

Atticus holds her face tenderly, looking deep into her eyes. "Wren. I'm so proud of the young woman you have become. I wish I could have been there to see you learn and grow. I want you to know, that your mother and I are so glad to finally have you back. We've been verry bitter and filled with sorrow for so many years.

"I've been so angry, not understanding why my child would be taken from me. But now... now I think I understand. Yes, this has been difficult for you mother and I. And from what I've heard so far, very painful for you as well. But, I think that because of this, you have touched many lives, saved many lives. Maybe, if we had been able to keep you, maybe those lives you touched, those lives you saved would not have been."

"Thanks daddy." Wren whispers.

"I love you sweetheart." Gwendolyn says with a kiss to Wren's cheek. "Your father is right. We are both so proud, and so happy to have you back in our lives. And, I feel as if you've given us a gift. Stan is such a sweet boy, he seems to be much like you. We missed your growing up years, and I feel... I feel like this is an opportunity to see what you might have been like. To experience some of the milestones that we missed.

"I hope this doesn't upset you, he in no way can replace what you were, and are to us. We love you so much and will treasure every moment we have with you. I just... I don'[t want you to be sad. If this upsets you, we won't do it. You can continue as you had started to say, and you can take him as your son. I..."

"Mom, please, don't worry. I'm overjoyed that you are willing to take in my Stan. He was right, I'm his sister. I may be more mature than most my age, but I am only seventeen, soon to be eighteen. I've only found my mates such a short time ago and I want to spend time being just us four. I would take him in a heartbeat if that was needed. And I'd definitey keep him if that was the only way to be in his life. But I truly do feel that this is the best solution alll around. As long as you two, and Stan are pleased with it as well."

"I'm so relieved. I was afraid taht we had hurt you. That it seemed as if we could replace you."

"No, I know that love grows, it doesn't divide. I know you love me. And know you'll love Stan. He deserves that kind of love. I could never be jealous of him recieving what have desperately prayed for, for all these years."

Wren smiles at her parents, her heart more cotent than she's ever felt before. Finally she has it all. The love of her parents, safetly and love for Stan. A family of her own, and an extended family through her mates. And the friendship, protection and unconditional love from all three of her mates.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Please vote and Comment