9

Clara was speaking to Archie when Minho approached her.

"Hey, Clara, can I talk to you? Alone?"Minho asked her.

"Yeah, um, sure,"she said. "I'll be back in a second,"she told Archie, then followed Minho.

Once her and Minho were alone, he said,"I'm sorry for not making you a Runner, Clara."

"It's fine, Minho. Running is not for me - I'm definitely not fit, and I-"

"It wasn't because you're unfit,"Minho interrupted.

Clara was shocked. She was certain that that was why she wasn't chosen as Runner. "Then why?"she asked.

"After what happened to Newt, out there - I don't think you could handle being a Runner. Not yet, anyway,"Minho explained. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be,"she replied, and hugged him. Maybe what she need was a good hug - it made her feel better about everything that had been happening lately.

"Clara! Minho!" Clara and Minho stopped hugging as soon as they heard Archie yell their names and run up to them.

"What's wrong?"she asked him, confused.

"It's Newt,"Archie told them.

"What about Newt?"Minho asked him.

"He's awake."

❀✿❀

Clara felt herself burst into a sprint, as if the only thing that mattered was getting to Newt.

She could feel herself starting to get tired, and started to pant, but didn't slow down or stop.

She saw Alby, Nick and Clint all standing outside of his room as soon as she got there.

"Clara, you don't want to go in there,"Nick warned her.

"Yes, I do."

"Clara, you really don't-"Nick tried to persuade her.

"I do,"she repeated, firmer than the last time.

"Okat, fine, but don't say I didn't warn you,"he replied.

Clara looked down, bit her lip, then started to open the door.

"Newt? It's me," She opened the door fully, and took a step inside the room.

"GO AWAY!"

"Newt, it's me,"she replied.

"I KNOW IT'S YOU, CLARA, GODDAMMIT! NOW GET THE HELL AWAY!" He was angry, you could tell - He screamed out the harsh words, his voice hoarse.

Not giving up, she tried again. "Newt, it's okay."

"IT'S NOT! NOTHING IS OKAY! NOTHING!" Newt stopped for a moment. "Just go away, please."

She didn't need to be told again.

❀✿❀

Clara sat alone in her bedroom - the only place in which it was quiet.

She guessed that she was supposed to be at the Med-House, doing her job, but after what happened with her and Newt, nobody really expected her to go.

She thought about the memory from the previous night - she really had killed somebody. But she hadn't seemed sorry about it, she had looked proud of herself.

How was she supposed to live with herself knowing she had killed someone? She didn't know, but she'd have to get over it eventually - something told her in a place like this she would have to be prepared to kill.