Johnny is a Product of His Environment

Johnny Cade, a child who was raised in an unstable family, and a violent environment. He suffered from neglect physical abuse from his drunk parents who made him have an unstable life at home. Also, the outside environment affected his life in a negative way. I believe Johnny was a product of his environment for three main reasons.

Johnny, lived in an unstable, careless, and abusive family. His parents ignored him most of the time, and didn't give him the attention as any normal child. Also, his parents used to beat him, and abuse him. The fact that his parents were drunk most of the time, didn't help Johnny to have a decent family environment to grow up as a healthy child. According to his family situation, Johnny suffered mentally which means he is no longer a normal child.

Johnny's peer group were as bad as his family environment. He was part of the Gang, which is a part of the Greaser kid. The Gangs children known as the poor kids in his neighborhood, who smokes and drinks. Greaser used to fight the Socs boys, who were known as the rich boys in the neighborhood. The insult from the Socs toward the Greaser, created the violent in Johnny's heart which made him decide that he must do something to defend himself and the Greasers. Self defend, and group defend, that's what pushed Johnny to commit his first crime. He was defending his friend, when a group of the Socs was drowning his friend in the fountain water. The loyalty to the group that he belongs to, and the support he found from the Gang, made him feel that the Gang are his real family, and he should defend them.

Finally, the social environment and social differentiation, the poverty, and the insult from the Socs group, raised the violent and hate in Johnny's heart. Johnny as a child, had to face all this differentiation. Johnny's environment was surrounded with hate and violent which had a great negative impact on him.

Johnny is a product of his environment. He suffered in different ways. He didn't have a steady life, and he was forced to deal with the life he was offered . Johnny is another product that shows how the family environment, peers group, and social environment have a great impact on kid's life.