Coincidences Happen || Martha Dunstock x Fem! Reader

(I like this one... Enjoy :3)

Martha P.O.V

No longer.

No longer will I let the Heathers push me down, pine over some stupid kindergarten boyfriend, or let myself forgive Veronica.

No longer!

I'm done.

The bell signaling the end of the school day rings and chatter and other various sounds arise from my fellow seniors.

They pay me no attention as I slip out the front door of the school, as per usual.

Also, no one notices when I don't walk in the direction of my house. No one will miss me.

Time to head to what used to be me and Veronica's favorite spot in town.

The Old Mill bridge.

Y/N P.O.V

The end of another boring day at school. Eh, not necessarily boring.

The end of another day of being tormented by the Skittles and Veronica. I try my best to escape the school without attracting their attention, but to no avail.

"Ah! Y/N, come here!" A voice purrs.

Before I can even think of running, two arms wrap around my shoulders.

A yellow-sleeved one and a green-sleeved one.

They drag me towards Chandler, who is smiling devilishly as usual.

"Y/N, were you trying to run? That won't do." she exclaims.

"Yes, yes I was. Now, if you'll excuse me!" I say, sprinting out the door. Surprisingly, I don't run into anyone.

As soon I'm away from the school, I calm down and walk to my favorite spot in town. I go there for inspiration for whatever I'm working on and to escape human interaction.

What is it, you may be asking? The Old Mill bridge!

I arrive there slowly and sit on the railing. I hear sniffling and look around.

I see a girl my age. She looks to be in worse shape than I am mentally. She is also sitting on the railing, but she is holding a tear-stained note. I watch as she stands up...

No!

"Stop!" I yell.

I carefully get off the railing and run over to her. I grab her hand and help her off the railing. More tears fall from her eyes as I pull her into a hug.

"I may not know who you are but I know that you deserve to live and keep pushing on. I also know that things seem like they will get worse, but I assure you that they won't." I say softly.

I let her go for a second before sitting down. I pat the ground next to me and she catches my drift, sitting down next to me. I listen as she laments about everything that pushed her to want to do this.

I'm so glad I came.