The One Where She Is A Child

///

///

Ibraheem, Jannat and Dua had arrived at the movie theatre merely ten minutes ago. Dua was insisting and there was no telling no to the stubborn cow.

Jannat and Dua went inside after getting popcorn- the salted caramel ones-with a grumpy Ibraheem trailing behind.

When they were sitting down, Ibraheem, still dressed in his work clothes made Jannat exchange their seats because her seat was next to a boy- who looked not more than twenty years of age.

  Now,Ibraheem was next to the boy, Jannat next him and then Dua.

  Dua watched energetically, it was an action movie. Ibraheem seemed like he was glaring at the screen, forcing it with his eyes to shut it's nonsense up. Jannat ,however, was another story.

  She was crying, big fat tears dripping out of her eyes as she watched the violence and gore in the screen Ibraheem watched as tears made her eyelasher cling to eachother. He was fascinated by the way her eye became a little lighter brown, her button nose a red colour now.

  He sucked in his lower lips as he  felt his heart softening and silently offered her his hand to hold. Big doe eyes stared at him. His large hand engulfed her smaller one. Her whimpers died down. It was first time in his life that his heart felt mushy.

Maybe when he was younger as he watched little Jannat trying to walk or asking him for money on Eid with her hair in pigtails, he had felt like it. But this was not like that. It felt different, He didn't know why. He was just admiring her adorableness, wasn't he? Like when you see a cute child.

  In the movie, a sword went through a man's body, cutting him in half. Jannat began to weep again, her head mashed  against Ibraheem's arm. He felt his sleeve getting wet, with tears and probably snot. He cringed internally, but bore the onslaught of tears, a grumpy expression in his face again.

/////////

"Why did you choose such a violent movie?You know how Jannat is!" Everyone scolded Dua when they reached home.

Dua shrugged. She apologised but said it was funny how Jannat was crying like a child.

His mother slapped her head playfully but her eyes was still on the disturbed expression on Ibraheem's face. She knew he wasn't disturbed by the movie now, was he?

//////////

"IB! Can you keep a secret?" It was Dua, whispering right next to his ear as he worked on hid laptop. Deja vu, much?

  "Yes, Dua. What is it?" He replied in the same bored tone. He was ready to go to his place after dinner.

"Do you think that Jannat has a boyfriend?"

Ibraheem froze. Again.

"Why do you think so?" He asked, his mind already climbing the stairs of fury.

Dua shrugged, that seemed be her favourite movement.

"Her phone keeps pinging after every 10 minutes. " She said, fuelling the fire inside his mind.

"She could be talking to her friends for all you know." He tried to reason. With her and himself.

"Well, your friends don't ask you to marry them. Do they?" She shrugged again, her bottom lip jutting out.

Ibraheem got up with a start. He was seething.

////////

Jannat was annoyed by the continuous stream of Marry Me's on her phone.

She decided to ask, at last, who it was. They reply came within a second
  Faris.
She asked who might that Faris be.
Your one and only admirer, the suitor from the other day?

Oh was her reply. So it was him. How did he get her number? She became giddy, her heart fluttering inside her chest.
Her phone pinged again.

Honestly, I am very much more that just a marr-

The phone was snatched out of her hand in a second. There stood Ibraheem, with fury in his eyes and his jaw ticking.

He read the messages, his jaw clenched and unclenched. Jannat was trying to get her phone back, but he held it above her and it was impossible for her to get it, however much she pushed her body against his.

Ibraheem blocked him from her phone, his mind haywire.

"I'll deal with him. Don't unblock him", He said firmly.

"Why?" She asked, her body still flushed against him as she tried to get her phone back.

His hand went around her waist and he threw the phone on her bed. He pulled her closer, as close it could get.

"Don't talk, look or even think about another man." His voice husky but firm, eye seething with anger. In his anger he didn't notice his words.

"Why can't I? You should go to your women who wear those awful things. Leave me alone!" , her anger dominated her fear and embarrassment. She , too, unaware of the meaning behind Another man.

  His brows raised with surprise. He bent down, still in the middle of the room with her in his arms, unmindful of anyone who could be watching from the doorway.

"Awful things? So you don't wear them?"

"Not like those!"

He bent a little bit more, his mouth close to her ears, taunting her menacingly,
"That's because you are a child. A small little girl who doesn't know anything,little lamb. Now do what I say, don't question it." He squeezed  the flesh below her waist.

He left her there, as always, still seething.

///////

  She was angry. She'd show him. She'd show him that she was not a little girl. She was as much of a grown woman as his women were.

Well, she had no intention of literally showing him, she just wanted to make herself feel better.

So she bought them, those awful pieces of clothing.

When she entered the store, she was already chickening out. Her eyes roamed over the display. God, that this was shameful. There were numerous things, she didn't even know what they were. She was absolutely horrified to see a body suit, crotch-less and it two holes at the chest area!

Among the various mesh and lace designs, she found some appropriate ones but still made of mesh, lace and ribbons. She quickly bought three, red, white and black and bought them without trying them on. She was thankful that the store had only women staff but they were , too, looking at her knowingly.

She stashed them at the furthest corner of her closet.

///////////

A lot of things happened in this one, didn't they?

What do you guys think will happen next? When will he finally marry her?

Vote and Comment!