Chapter 15

Solána
October 18, 2017
The Party

We step out the car making our way up to the fraternity house. It's a big ,brown, fancy looking house with vast windows.

The yard is full of green, manicured grass and is lightly littered with red solo cups.

Cars fill the driveway, and are all lined up on the streets, surrounding the house.

  We reach the door, and it's opened, so we casually walk in.

We walk in ,and I'm hit with the smell of liquor, sweat , and different perfumes. The house's interior is cabin like, and made of wood.

    The entrance of the home is only filled with a few people, drinking and talking among themselves. You can hear music playing in another part of the house.

   As we continue to walk, the amount of people there is increases, the music gets louder, and the smell of activity is more potent.

In the living room people are dancing and bodies are everywhere. It's so many people that there's barely space to breathe or think.

The staircase on the side of the room is also filled with people.

In the back of the room, a little table with a laptop, and speakers are set up as a guy stands in front of it.

There are even speakers on the wall, that I think are to amplify the music even more.

As we continue to walk, I notice we receive stares , and people are filling us out. Some people whisper, others shoot us smiles.

"Where are we headed to guys?" I yell at my friends, over the music. I look back at them waiting for a response.

   I continue to push through people, making my way to Lord knows where.

   " Somewhere where we can sit down...or a place with drinks." Nyema yells back.

   "Let's find the kitchen!" Tony says.

We keep walking and we go through a hallway, filled with more people , and then pass a room where there's an arcade machine and a foosball table. There's also a pool table.

Of course there's guys playing , hooting and hollering, filling their egos up.

   When we make it pass that room ,it's the kitchen.

   The table has a big punch bowl filled with a red liquid. There's also hor d' oeuvres and desserts  on the table.

    The counters are filled with liquor. Wine coolers. Hennessy. Vodka. Beer. And some other shit I don't care to name.

The kitchen doesn't have many people in it, giving us a chance to finally breathe.

I get excited since I'm ready to drink and have a good time. I hadn't been to a party or drunk liquor in months.

Let's see how it goes.

" What can I get for you ladies?" A broad white guy ,with brown hair says to us. He's dressed in a yellow and purple jersey, Thompson school colors.

He leans over the counter, smiling at us, waiting for a response.

" Can I get a wine cooler , please?" I decide to start off light, and not get wasted.

    "Awww....why so moderate? You females are so....."

Before he can finish Nyema cuts him off. "Us females are so what?" She crosses her arms over her chest, looking him in the eye.