title of your story or chapter

“If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them.” –Christopher Moore.

Chapter Seven: Abandon all Sanity

“Come on,” I snarled. Leaving the bar heading for the door.

“Where we going?” Anna asked.

“To get our drink on.” I replied.

“Ooh, I love it when you talk dirty,” Sarah squealed.

That had me and Anna staring with our eyebrows raised.

“I don’t think she needs alcohol with her personality. It’d be like giving someone with ADHD who hasn’t taken their medicine four energy drinks and ecstasy.”

“Nuh uh,” Sarah huffed while crossing her arms and pouting.

“I think she’ll be okay. She gets wasted every weekend almost. We’re passed the morning confusion.” I replied turning back around and walking out of the bar toward my car.

“I forgot to tell Clay we’re leaving.” Anna interjected on our way out.

“Text him.” I replied as I got in the car and started it.

Clay’s point of view:

After catching up with some old friends I had a relaxed feeling. I missed these guys.  Fucking weirdoes but they remind me of the past, I liked the feeling that I belonged here.  It had been three hours since I’d gotten the text from Anna about her leaving with Irene.  God, even thinking her name had Goosebumps rising on my skin.  She’d grown up a lot these past years and I am not one to complain. Since Jake decided to close the bar early so we could drink and talk I figured now’s better than later to ask about her in a totally friend type of way.

“So what exactly is your sister getting my sister into tonight?” I asked Jake as he brought over the three beers setting one in front of me and one in front of Scott.

“They are probably so drunk right now they can’t even remember their names.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Oh?”

“Irene is kind of like we were in high school, no scratch that.  We thought we were party gods she’s what we would have called the fucking superhero of all parties.” Jake mused.

“She’s under your influence seeing as you were her main parental figure, what did you expect?” asked Scott.

“Are you in therapist mode all the time?” I asked.

“Only when it comes to Irene, she’s one of my patience.”

If I had been taking a drink it would have been all over Jake.

“Why?” I asked either of them.

“She’s been going through some things. It’s confidential so you’ll either have to ask gossip girl over there or her.”

“Hey, It’s gossip man to you.” Jake retaliated.

Ignoring his statement I focused my full attention on him.

“Why does Irene need therapy?”

“Nuh uh, I ain’t saying nothing. She’s all sweet and shit on the outside but on the inside girl could give the devil a run for his money. You want answers talk to her.”

Deciding to drop the topic of Irene we began catching up on the things that have happend since I left before we headed home.

I beat both Scott and Jake to the house. So I waited for them before getting out of the car. If the theory of the three girls being drunk was right this was not something to face alone.

When they finally arrived I was right with my instinct. I was so not ready for the chaos that we walked into.

Back to Irene:

“THAT’S NOT FAIR SARAH!” I yelled.

“WHAT’S NOT FAIR IS YOU HOGGING THE DRUMS” she yelled back.

“NO WHAT’S NOT FAIR IS HOW MUCH YOU BOTH SUCK AT THIS! WE’RE GETTING BOO’D OFF THE STAGE!” Anna interjected.

I looked to the screen. She was right we’d been booed off. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes.

“They don’t like us do they?”

“Who cares we like us and that’s all that counts.” Sarah was crying too.

“They like me anyway. I don’t completely suck.”

Anna’s a bitch.

“Dear god, what have you done to the hosue?”

We all turned around to see three guys in the archway to the living room.  I ran up to Jake and hugged him.

“Jake, they don’t like our band.” I whimpered.

“Irene, it’s a game they aren’t real people.” He soothed.

I nodded and went over to join Sarah and Anna on the sofa. I refused to let the fake people get to me. That lasted all of ten seconds.

“They actually had the nerve to fucking boo us.” I was seething.

“Bastards, all of them.” Sarah added nodding her head.

“I’m tired.” was the last thing Anna got out before she was dead to the world.

“Lightweight.” Sarah said snuggling up to a pillow beside Anna going to sleep.

I stared at them for a minute before hearing the TV being turned off. I looked up to see three guys standing there.

I started to cry.

“Jake they don’t like our band.”

“I know, I know just go to sleep you can show them bastards tomorrow.”

I smiled.

“Yeah,” I said with a yawn. I’ll show them tomorrow. Fuckers can’t boo me and not pay for it.