VIII. Let's Go

"Mr. Andrews, Mr. Andrews!" I yelled, running down the large corridors, look for Mr. Andrews. If anyone knew where Jack was, it was him. I needed to find him quickly before Jack dies. I ran down one hall, and spotted Mr. Andrews. My mind filled with hope as I raced towards him.

"Mr. Andrews!" I yelled once more, getting his attention. His eyes landed on me and he looked shocked to see me.

"(Y/n), get to the lifeboats, quickly." Mr. Andrews said.

"No, no!" I yelled, "Do you know where they're keeping a man under arrest?"

"You need to leave." Mr. Andrews said.

"I'm doing this with or without your help." I said, "But without will take longer."

"Take the elevator all the way down, go down the passage, you'll see a corridor, go down it." Mr. Andrews said.

"Thank you." I said, running to the elevator. Once I got there, there was a steward in a life belt, standing in front of the door.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but the lifts are closed." He told me. Something in me snapped and I got extremely angry. I grabbed his collar and pushed him against the wall

"I'm through with being polite, god dammit! Now take me down." I ordered. The frightened steward nodded, and he pulled the lever, and the elevator started going down.

When it got all the way to the bottom, the water from the bottom floor spilled into the elevator, causing me to shriek and move back against the wall. The steward tried to go back up before I could get out, and I shoved him away from the elevator.

"I'm going back up!" He yelled. Then he left me down here. That didn't matter, though. What mattered to me was finding Jack.

I trudged through the water, that was up to my calfs, looking for the passage Mr. Andrews was talking about. I repeated the word 'passage' to myself, until I found it.

"Jack!" I yelled, "Jack!"

I tried to run, dodging other objects like chairs and tables along the way.

"(Y/n)!" I heard a voice call, I turned around.

"Jack?!" I yelled.

"(Y/n), I'm in here, I'm in here."

I ran to the room I heard the voice come from, and I opened the door to see Jack handcuffed to a pole.

"Jack." I said, running over to him. I immediately wrapped my arms around him and pressed my lips to his.

"Jack, I'm sorry." I said, "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." Jack said, kissing me one last time, "listen, (Y/n), I'm gonna need you to find a spare key. Check that cabinet, (Y/n), it should be a little silver one."

I started searching through the cabinet, panicking because of the rising water.

"These are all brass ones!" I yelled.

"Check that drawer." Jack said, I ran over and started searching through it, "Y/n?"

"Yeah?" I asked, still searching.

"How'd you find out I didn't do it?" Jack asked, I smiled at him.

"I didn't." I told him, "I just realized I already knew. You wouldn't do that to me, Jack." I still couldn't find the key.

"Okay, I'm gonna need you to go find help." Jack said, "It'll be okay, Y/n."

   I ran over and kissed Jack one more time.

"I'll be right back." I said, walking out of the room. I made my way through the water and up some stairs, yelling for help.

A man ran passed me and I tried stopping him, but all he did was shove me out of the way and keep going.

"Hello?" I called. A heard footsteps and looked up to see a steward run my way, "Thank God."

"No need to panic, Miss." he said, grabbing my arm and pulling me with him.

"I'm not panicking, you're going the wrong way." I said, he wasn't listening.

"Come on, Miss—"

"Listen!" I yelled, punching him straight in the nose.

"To hell with you." He said, running away. I think I just screwed myself. I remembered seeing an axe a few hallways ago. I ran to grab the axe, breaking the glass with a fire hose. I took the axe and headed back to Jack.

When I got to the stairs, the water was really full. I walked down in the water. The lights were sparking and it looked really dangerous. I went in the water, and used my left hand to pull myself along the water, using the poles above me. I finally got to where Jack was, and he looked at me.

"Will this work?" I asked, holding the axe up.

"I guess we'll find out." Jack said. I was about to hit the handcuffs to break them, but Jack stopped me.

"Wait, take a couple practice swings over there." Jack said. I turned to the piece of wood Jack was talking about, then I swung and hit it as hard as I could, "great, now make the same mark again, (Y/n), you can do it."

I took a breath and hit the wood again, it didn't really make the same mark, but i don't think Jack cared at this point.

"That's enough practice." Jack said, I was about to hit the cuffs until Jack stopped me, "Wait, wait, wait. Spread your hands a little more."

I did what Jack said.

"Like that?" I asked, Jack nodded.

"Listen, (Y/n), I trust you." Jack said, I nodded. I took a deep breath, Jack looked away and I shut my eyes. That probably wasn't the smartest idea, but I couldn't watch. I heard Jack gasp and I quickly opened my eyes to see both his hands were still attached and the cuffs were broke.

"You did it!" Jack cheered, wrapping his arms around me, our lips collided and we were smiling into it.

"Shit, this water is cold." Jack said, stepping in the water, "Shit, shit, shit, shit."

We walked out of the room and the way out was blocked with water.

"That's the way out." I said.

"We'll have to find another way." Jack said, he grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him, "Let's go."