The Kingdom of Versal

Zeo took a step closer to fully examine the person in front of him. There was no doubt in his mind that this was his friend from long ago. For once he felt that feeling of joy he felt long ago, but felt confused by these emotions he had long forgotten. He raised his hand and placed it on her cheek. The Neko blushed slightly as she gazed into his emerald eyes. {His hand is so warm,} she thought.

~

"I never imagined I would ever find you, but I'm glad I did." The prince also felt saddened by that fact. Now that he had found her, she had to fulfill the end of the contract that she knew nothing off. In that single moment he promised himself not to use her unless his life depended on it. "Why are you out here?" he asked. "All alone."

~

Yukko's ears pinned down against her head in sadness. She didn't want to explain why she was out in the middle of the forest, alone. Ever since an incident in her past occured she has done many regrettable things. It was her way to survive, but that wasn't the main reason. She grabbed his hand that was on her cheek and brought it down, her eyes darting away.

~

She walked over to the fallen log and took a seat, her expression remaining the same. The prince walked over to the log as well and took a seat besides her as he gazed into the burning flames. "What happened?" he asked. The Neko let out a sigh and picked up a stick, throwing it into the fire.

~

"I believe it was 8 years ago," she started. "I was living in Maplebell, a once prosperous town that resided near the Kingdom of Hetulia. It was mainly a human run place, but occasionally other races would come for the crops we provided. One day, when I was exploring the forest I noticed smoke coming from the town. Without hesitation I ran back home and what I saw was horrendous. My home was on fire, and there I was as I watched it burn. They asked for help but..."

~

The Neko paused for a moment and stroked the spot under her eyes where her markings were. "Before I knew it I was cursed..." Tears slowly began to form in her eyes from this fact. "I don't know who or what cursed me but ever since that day those I got close to died, and there I was not being able to do anything again."

~

After finishing she finally broke out into tears. She couldn't bare the thought of having her friend die, especially now after so long of being apart. She hid her head between her legs ashamed of everything. There was nothing she could do. "I just don't want to lose you." This sparked something in the prince as it reminded him of not wanting to lose her. He wrapped his wing around her as a form of comfort, though he didn't fully understand what he was doing.

~

"Curses are indeed strong, but the one placed on you will not be enough to get rid of me," he reassured, though inside there was some doubt. If what she said is true then soon he would meet his end. The thought brought some worry, but he didn't show it. He was confident that this curse placed upon his friend wouldn't get the better of him.

~
The Neko leaned in closer to him smiling lightly. She rested her head against his shoulder and began to doze off. "Just rest," he said softly. "Tomorrow is going to be a long day." His focus then went elsewhere when he caught the smell of a burning fish. He looked over at the fire and noticed the fish had caught on fire and was burning to a crisp. It concerned him a bit.

~

"She burnt the fish."

~

The morning sun had risen to begin the start of a new day. Yukko was curled up in a ball on the ground keeping herself warm. She began to stir and wake up when a chill was sent up her spine from the cold. She sat herself up rubbing her eyes as a yawn escaped from her. "Nya~ never sleeping on the ground again," she complained. "It looks like you are awake," said a familiar voice.