Sixteen

ONE THING STILES HATED TO DO WAS WAIT.

Ever since he was little, impatience always ran in his veins and he could never sit still for more than twenty minutes without asking multiple questions about what was going on. His mind constantly overflowed with random scenarios about what could happen and what had happened already. As of right now, all he could think about was Sierra and Scott.

It didn't help that he was alone in the ambulance with Cora. After Derek and Jemma ran off with Jennifer to escape Kali, he had made sure the doors were securely locked and then planted a seat right beside the unconscious Hale. This meant that his thoughts were now the only thing he could hear, which he hated. He hated being alone with the thoughts of his best friends dying while he sat on the side. He despised how he allowed his jealousy to mix with the anger of his father's kidnapping that resulted with him almost completely yelling at the people he loved dearly.

Stiles felt like an idiot for even having the smallest part of his brain think that Sierra and Scott would ever go behind his back. He hadn't outright stated he believed the two were secretly dating, but did imply it deeply and had let the thought slither over his common sense. Cora had even told him in the jeep earlier that she knew they would never do such a thing, even if they did love one another.

He realized now they were protecting him from Deucalion. Sierra knew something about him, Stiles could tell, that made her eyes darken every time someone brought him into conversation. He didn't know what it was, but if it was enough to make his girlfriend truly angry, it must've been pretty bad. Scott just seemed torn about becoming a true alpha, as Peter had called it. He didn't want to be in the alpha pack, he didn't want to hurt anyone.

Stiles shook his head, trying to stop himself from over-analyzing everything like he normally did. His tired gaze fell to the pale girl with purple lips lying in front of him, except the fact that her chest wasn't slowly rising or falling made him quickly straight up. "Oh, no, why do you look like you're not breathing?" he asked in a panic, as if expecting an answer. He leaned forward, placing his ear near her mouth to try and hear anything that could indicate her being alive. "'Cause you aren't breathing, are you?"

Random sputters flew from his mouth and his hand pulled at his dark hair while the wheels in his brain turned. With a determined look on his face, he made a decision and spoke gently aloud that he could fulfill the idea.

The summer before sophomore year, Sierra had convinced him and Scott to attend a first aid training class that taught CPR, the Heimlich maneuver, and other basic things in case of an emergency. Stiles had told her that he would never need to know CPR, but was now thanking the lucky stars his girlfriend was so stubborn in him dragging along.

He tilted Cora's head back, his fingers on her chin as he cleared the throat, saying the steps to help him get through it

He tilted Cora's head back, his fingers on her chin as he cleared the throat, saying the steps to help him get through it. His thumb and pointer finger gently pinched her nose, mentally preparing himself to actually perform the needed operation. Without another scary thought, he pressed his lips to her mouth continuously while listening for her heart beat. "Come on, Cora," he prayed and kissed her again. "Breathe."