Chapter 3

"I knew you all wouldn’t believe a thing that I have told you. In fact you all probably think I’ve gone completely bonkers. But you must believe me. Now you tell me young lady. Can you explain to me the consistent dangerous activities happening? That’s all because of 'The Evil One'. Unfortunately he found out about the prophecy and already got started trying to hunt you guys down. If there’s anything 'The Evil One' is afraid of, it’s death.” Explained Jason’s aunt. “Because of this fear 'The Evil One' has done everything in his power, which I must say is a lot, to make himself immortal. He figured out that there are three items that when put together can equal the power of his own.” “So basically our job is to find those three items, put them together, fight this extremely powerful being, and save the world from further destruction. And all these very simple tasks must be completed by three very lucky sixteen year olds…brilliant. And how exactly do you expect us to do that? It’s not like we have any special skills; Anny is a nerd, Jason’s exceptionally kind, and I’m extraordinarily good looking. How is that going to help us defeat this 'Evil One'?" From the corner of my eye I saw Anny rolling her eyes at what I thought was a very good point. “There is a reason why the three of you were chosen, so clearly there is something special about you lot, you just may haven’t found it yet.  Yes I know this may sound like a whole bunch of rubbish to you...” “You got that right” Interjected Jason. “Ahem, but I do require your cooperation and respect, agreed?” Jason’s aunt continued sending a look full pure poison to Jason. Clearly she does not appreciate being interrupted. “I think we should at least listen to what she has to say. She has a point.” She glanced over at me and hopefully saw my 'have you gone mad' look. Why would I want to know what this completely mental woman has to say? It is very clear that she’s lost her senses and yet she wants me to sit here and listen to this nonsense. With a sigh we all agree. “It’s a pretty long explanation so I suggest y’all get comfortable. It basically starts with 'The Evil One'. 'The Evil One' is a man with such power and evil, that he has the capability to destroy just about anything. Where ever he goes tragedy follows. His very presence alters the atmosphere to something more sinister than most can understand. Even sometimes I don’t understand what and why he does what he does. He lives in a grand castle, decorated with the skulls of his victims. His doings always result in something from which he can gain more power from. Whether that be wealth, power, respect, land, and or anything else that would grant him more control than he already had. He felt as if he had infinite domination over the world. He felt as if he could have anything in the world.  He felt like the king of everything. That is until he learned of the prophecy, the one which I have just told you of now. His fear of death was so great that he did everything he could to stop it. He knew that because of his power it would be next to impossible to even hurt him. But he also knew that in the world only one weapon would match his own. Many have searched near and far but no one was able to even get a clue as to what this weapon was. Many people started to think that it was all a scam and forgot about it. On the other hand there was one being he most trusted of his followers knew his secret. She also had great power but due to a great accident with 'The Evil One' she lost everything, and ever since that day she has gone against everything 'The Evil One' had taught. She turned into his worst enemy. In fact she is the one who still had the skill to create the prophecy. That is how much hatred she had inside of her, and still she won’t be in peace until he is down at her feet with his heart no longer beating." Anny let out a gasp, and Jason and I stared at each other with expressions of shock, surprise, and a hint of confusion. Everything that we heard...could it be true?