Although her heart sinks she can't help but to be happy for him. The sparkle in his eye shows how much he wants to do this and how much he will enjoy it. "That's good. I'm sure Mrs. Carol will be very glad to have you around all the time and know you are the one taking care of things."

"I'm looking forward to it. I just feel bad that I'm leaving everyone high and dry with no warning."

"No, don't think about it like that. You are helping Mrs. Carol out a lot and I can tell that this is really what you want to do." She turns so that she is a little in front of him. "You are such a hard working and servant hearted man."

A small yet heartfelt smile curves up the corners of his lips. "Well let's go see how things are going in there," he says after a little bit. "Who knows I might be an uncle by now!"
***

After six long hours of waiting, many laps around the hospital, and seemingly endless contractions for Jaelyn, a currently nameless little girl is born.

Tyson smiles down at the little bundle in his arms as he sits next to Jaelyn's bed. "She's so tiny."

Benjamin, Trisha, Karl, Andrew, Gary, and Brooke are scattered through out the room gazing on with smiles. Each of them patiently waiting their turn to cuddle the new little girl and welcome her into the world.

"What's her name going to be?" Karl asks as he sinks into a near by chair.

Tyson looks up momentarily and Jaelyn shrugs. "We haven't settled on a first name. Her middle name is Fiddle," Jaelyn answers looking from her little family to meet her mom's loving eyes.

"So that she will always remember to be up beat and add something beautiful from within her wherever she goes," Tyson finishes.

Gary cracks a smile then chuckles. "Oh Lord help us all if she is anything like her momma! The two of them together will be like fighting with congress." This makes everyone laugh.

As Tyson hands the center of attention over to Trisha he grins. "She shouldn't have any shortage of love for animals, that's for certain."

"No, she sure won't," Benjamin echoes.

Andrew touches her tiny little toes from where he sits behind his mom. "Already got the guys attention and her eyes a have hardly opened!"

"Now, don't be talking like that. I'll have to buy Academy out of bullets with that kind of talk!" As soon as his naturedly loud voice booms out Tyson looks to Jaelyn with wide eyes. She smiles and places her hand on his leg reassuringly.

Brooke speaks up for the first time since entering the room, "Y'all know I'm only a phone call away for babysitting or any kind of help."

"Thank you, Brooke," Jaelyn answers with a smile and a knowing look.

"That goes for all of us," Gary adds, although his voice holds a bit of regret and sadness. No one pushes it though, since everyone is worried about the newest Reed family member.

After each of them has had their turn holding little miss Reed they begin to go their separate ways. Karl and Andrew go to pick up food for Tyson and Jaelyn, Brooke goes baby girl clothes shopping, and Gary leaves the building with no real designation in mind.

He roams the busy Midland streets, past major chain stores and restaurants, and out the Greenwood highway. The city lights behind him he tries to relax his aching muscles, but just as he does his phone begins to ring startling him. Although he doesn't recognize the number it is from San Angelo so he answers it anyway, "Hello?"
***

Brooke enters the sliding doors of Baby's R Us with a bright smile on her face, yet mixed emotions in her heart. The new arrival off sets the pain of the passing of Peter, but it doesn't take it away. For her it almost is as though watching Gary and Mrs. Carol's pain is more painful than knowing Peter passed.

As she enters the little girls clothing section though she can't help but to feel her spirits rise. The bright colors and cutest little designs are full of hope and encouragement.

For the most part she spends her time gazing at the tiny clothes and smiling. She chooses a package of three newborn onesies, a couple of blankets, and package of socks to buy and take back for the new little family. Her mind runs wild with all the things she wants to get for them and do for them not to mention the excitement that it all brings.

"That little girl is going to be so spoiled she can't stand herself," she tells herself with a giggle.

Just before she checks out she turn down the diaper aisle and grabs a box of newborn and a box of ones. "They can always use diapers!"

After she checks out she grabs her a burrito at Taco Casa before making her way back to the hospital to steal some more baby girl cuddles. And deliver the goods she got them, of course!

Entering the room she smiles at the mother daughter pair curled up on the bed. "Hello," she whispers stepping inside.

Jaelyn looks up from where gazing at her daughter. "Hey, come on in."

Smiling, holding up the bag, and walking closer Brooke says, "I brought some goodies for y'all and of course came to steal some lovin's."

"Aw, thanks Brooke!" Jaelyn smiles and lays the sleeping little girl in her friend's arms. "God really knew when we would all need her."