Chapter || Eighteen

"MG?"

" . . . . "

"MG?"

" . . . . "

"I can hear you breathing so I know you're there . . . I'm guessing you're still mad at me and I'm sorry. I was trying to apologize before you hung up on me."

" . . . . "

"MG, I'm sorry. I really am. It's just that - when people - okay. *exhales* Because our friendship started off of a phone call -"

"Hit and run."

"Hit and run. Physical appearance didn't matter. You kept calling because my voice is beautiful and I keep answering because I have no life."

"This apology is really coming together nicely."

"MG, I don't want you to be mad at me. Of course I've thought about us meeting. We've been talking for a month but it feels like a lifetime. I've had dreams about us -"

"You dream about me often?"

"Stop interrupting."

"Sorry."

"I've had dreams about us meeting and I just don't want you to be . . . I don't know, disappointed if I don't look the way you've been imagining me."

"How I've been imagining you? . . . How tall are you, Runner?"

"Five-five."

"What color is your hair?"

"Black, why?"

"What's your bra si-"

"What is your point MG?"

"I've imagined a girl with honey brown eyes and black soft hair. I imagine a girl that comes up to my chin cause I'm only five-nine. I imagine a girl that paints kale and chocolate pudding cups -"

"I didn't paint a -"

"Don't interrupt. She likes to paint with green and browns and apparently purple. I imagine a girl that is just as beautiful as the voice she speaks with."

" . . . . "

"Am I close?"

" . . . . "

"Hello?"

"Thank you, MG."

"No problem Runner."

--   --   --