Chapter 3: Flashback

The bell rung starting  my first school day. "I can't believe I met krampus.... who knew he taught German. And was so nice!" I stated a bit baffled by my day. "Well yeah, I remember on the first day he made a joke on his weight... relatable .... but I hope he's okay." Atalia sighed.

"Is a demonic being who eats bad children ever okay?" Alysa asked. "But he's funny." Atalia sighed. We continued to walk down the hall as I passed by each of the new monsters in our school. There was so many different mo- I mean people. There was skeletons with sugar skull tattoos vibrantly painted on their bones, vampires in hot topic apparel, and zombies stumbling down the halls holding hands with their other stumbling love. "I still can't get over this, this school. Just woah finding out you were a werewolf." I sighed looking into the vase sea of high schoolers.

"Yeah honestly it's pretty odd, I didn't find out........ I've always been a dark angel........?" Atalia stumbled out words as she begin to grab her head. "What's wrong?!" I asked in a worry as I tapped her back she jumped. "Ah! Just give me a moment.... I have a giant migraine...." she groaned looking ready to topple over. "Hold on a moment!" Ruthie waved her wand as a light floating pillow appeared as Atalia finally collapsed onto it.

A sudden gasp and chatter struck among the students surrounding us. "W-what happened!?" I asked frantically. "Calm down.... she just fainted I suppose...." Darien said seeming shaken up on his own. "Don't worry I'll take her to the nurse and see." Ruthie waved her wand as she guided a fainted Atalia to the nurses. "I'll go with her." Alysa flapped her wings towards ruthie and Atalia.

I made my way to the next class which was the HSP, sort for human science in potions. Where it's basically a chem class but also additional the learning of potions. I make my way into the classroom as Larissa is sitting in a chair talking to some other girls and gives us a concern look on her face when she sees me, Nathan, and Darien walk in.

"What's going on?" She asked touching my shoulder softly. "Atalia just fainted.... I don't know what happened!" I stated in a staggered expression. Nathan slowly walked back over to us. "I explained to Mrs. Float." He stated. "She said that if we need to , take a moment to process." He shrugged sounding confused. "What?" I asked. He shrugged as his sentence clearly didn't make sense, but I doubt it's his fault as I imagine there is something else tampering with his speech.

"Anyway I'll introduce myself to her." I said walking away. I walked over to Mrs. Float as I noticed she was dipping a long stick into a coffee cup, pulling it out and taking a large bite. "Needs more peppermint leaves."  She sighed noticing I was there. "HELLO!" She stated loudly as I was taken aback.

"H-hi." I said softly taking in her appearance. She was wearing a simple classic black witch costume. " So! My new student oh how I can't wait till I can get your hands into some explosive potions." She smiled. "Huh?" I asked as she ignored my response. "Now let's get you a seat! Right next to..... LARISSA!" She stated. "What?" She asked. "Nothing." She smiled as I walked over to my seat plopping down.

"I'm worried about Atalia she's only fainted like this once..." Larissa said in an almost ominous tone. "What do you mean, once before?" I asked worried. "Well it was a long time ago in our freshmen year, we where all hanging out and then Faith approached us. We only met her once but she came to sit with us at lunch. She sat next to Atalia and she saw like strong or something on her shoulder. She went to brush it off and fainted." Larissa stated with a concern look.

"That's weird.... she fainted when..... when she was talking about her being a dark angel." I said puzzled. "Hmmm, but how could that connect?" I asked looking at my wrist noticing my bracelet was gone. "Alright class lets all pay attention, I'm going to show you the magic of margaritas!" Our teacher beamed. "I-is this normal?" I asked. As the others nodded with a simple yes. Today is certainly going to be an interesting one.

After chem class I had the array of other daily hell holes, though it wasn't as bad as you assume. I mean monster classes are pretty fun! Unless you mess up your margarita spell.... like Larissa. Though the day came to a haunt as classes ended and time ticked away. Everyone planned to go to the nurse to check on Atalia.

As I arrived I saw the others waiting impatiently for me. "Sorry.... I had business." I said awkwardly. Alysa and faith have each other a look. "Sure." Faith said smiling ear to ear. I rolled my eyes confused and walked into the nurse's office. As we walked in i noticed Atalia sitting up in one of the beds. As the others talked to the nurse i slipped to talk to her first. "Hiya." i stated sitting at the end of the end. It took her a moment to recognize someone was in the room. She had a confused stare on her face. "H-Hello..." she said almost in a question. " What's with you? You seem a little off." I said as she shifted in an odd way. "Well, just..... it's this." she said extending her arm and opening her clenched fist to reveal my bracelet. "oh hey!" I said excited taking the bracelet out of her palm. The others finally shuffled in. "Hey are you okay?" Ruthie asked as she floated a cold rag onto her forehead. Atalia nodded a yes and took the cold towel with a gentle smile. "There is something i need to tell you guys...." Atalia said with small worried tone. everyone shifted their eyes to each other in a small confusion. "What is it?" Larissa asked with  worried look. "well......as a dark angel i have a secret talent..... one have told you before." she said  as her tone softened towards the end. everyone remained quiet as we awaited her next words. "I can see into people's past.... but i don't use it. Yet when i have a connection with someone it sparks to force itself..... and that bracelet Tyler has. Well i gave it to him." she said as everyone remained silent. "Wait, why didn't you tell us you knew Tyler?" Larissa asked confused. "But wait, I never met you before Atalia." I said looking at my bracelet with confusion. 

"Where did you get that bracelet then?" Atalia asked. "Well i got it....... from....when..... i-i can't recall. I just know this is an important bracelet." I said looking with confusion at my own memories. "The thing is.... I actually knew all of you before we came here to Monster Academy." She said as everyone's tone shifted. "But..." Alysa started but was cut off by Darien. " Hold on a minute Atalia, isn't this bit of a stretch?" Darien said folding his arms. "How so?" she responded> "Well I mean how would that be possible? How could our memories of knowing you be just... gone?" he asked. "That.... I don't know." she said weakly. "Exactly." He sighed. "But the thing I wanna know is why you would make something up like that." he said. "I'm not making it up!" Atalia fired back desperate for us to listen. "Hold on a moment.... Atalia when did you quote on quote know us?" Faith asked scratching her head. "With the bits of memories iv'e gotten from you guys.... two years or so." Atalia said. " Well then that's odd, because i can't recall anything from that time. Or to be more exact I can't recall anything before I realized I was a monster.." Faith said sending everyone deep into thought.

I can't either...... but why. It just happened a few days ago? I......... agh why does my head hurt so much it was only a few years....no no days!! What he hell? "Ag.....MY HEAD" Nathan screamed. Everyone looked at another horrified. "Why can't we remember?" Clay asked. "This is bullshit!" Helen yelled. We all looked over at her, "This is some dank ass shit. I can't remember..... what the hell did you do Atalia?" she stated leaving the room as William chased after her. "We all looked over at each other and wondered. "Where did they go?" I asked aloud.

Soon enough confused and freaked out we all left and headed back to our dorms. Clay and Joey refused to speak that night leaving me alone to fall asleep. I closed my eyes softly, as my body felt light I realized I was asleep. The world was a soft white hue, blurry as well. I noticed a blurry figure above me but it was too shaky to see. Muffled words where being softly spoken. Sudden i looked down in my hand and I could make out two colors black and blue. I looked up to see Atalia flying away..... black wings flapping as a single black feather fell. "See you soon." the words echoed...... i felt sad knowing my friend was leaving.my..... my friend!

I woke up in a stir and looked around quickly. Clay and Joey where still sleeping soundly. I wiped the sweat away from my forehead and took a deep breath. What the hell was that? i got up slowly and stumbled to the bathroom.... "see you soon." The words echoed in my head.... as thee strong smell of iron fills my nose. I walk into the bathroom and see a gruesome sight...... claw marks on the wall.... red claw marks on the floor... bloody claw marks..... on a helpless body on the bathroom floor...I screamed blacking out.... knowing that my soon enough. I would understand this whole mess.