« Gang Wars » Chapter 04: The Jackals

█ LAST CHAPTER:

"I'm sorry, but play time is over."

Using her arm, Lillian swung it with great force perpendicular to the ground and let her arm smack Hailee's neck. Hailee's head angled backwards; her neck forward. The reddish-orange haired girl then collapsed like a piece of paper. Hailee's body hit the ground and sprawled all over the floor right beside Lillian.

Lillian, looking at the woman sleeping beside her feet, said to her, "Good night."

{Thank you zekey_gurl101 and LiveInTheMoment, RaeJDon, BabyLen, 14vampiremoon01, seana1, emmylou2310, babygurl1234, and iloveme23 for being such great people. This chapter is dedicated to you fans}♥

█ CHAPTER 04: THE JACKALS

"Why won't you jump in, Lily? I'm mean...why don't cha want to join the family?" Kelly asked.

"I have reasons why I don't want to join." Lillian sighed and then said, "The main reason is I don't want to join a GANG. You know how I am. I don't want to be a part of one."

"But why? Our gang isn't bad; there's no reason to hate our family, Lily."

"Oh yeah right, gang bangers kill people whenever they like and please. They don't follow the rules because that's how roll. They have to prove their loyalty through shedding another person's blood. I don't want to do such a thing. Isn't that a good enough reason not to join?" Lillian replied.

"We're different compared to all of the street gangs. We are family members that care and protect each other in harsh situations."

"So what? These family members won't protect you once you're caught by the parole officer; they'll only expect you to give up your life for the family and die for that honor. After all gang members ditch the trash and let them die. And most of all, I won't let them treat me like trash." Lillian turned around and swiftly left, walking away from Kelly, her friend a queen.

"Lily!" Kelly yelled until Lillian went out of sight.

ݯ FAST FORWARD [Lillian's Point of View]

A burnt odor fills the air in this modest room. The flooring is blue-brown carpet, while the walls are papered in stark white. On the walls are various things, like papers, pictures, a white board, etc. The teacher's desk sat angled next to the closed window. The 50 wooden desks attached with blue seats sat around the white board making a half circle, like those in forums, leaving a space for the teacher to walk around and lecture.

In the center of boys' affection was the fresh out-of-school, Miss Mari, a brunette with soft curls and a bit too much make-up on her baby-face. She wore a bit too tight linen shirt and short miniskirt. Miss Mari pointed out that f(x) can be plotted a certain way using her trick. But most of the girls, including me, found the lecture out f(x) graphs to be very boring; after all we sat in the back farthest from the teacher, and the boys sat closest to her.

I was bored out of my wits. After all I was forced to learn Calculus in the past, so I just ignore all of the comments Miss Mari made. I tilted my head and saw the seat next to me, which Kelly was supposed to be sitting in, empty.

I turned my head, facing to the front of the room. I stared at the wall where the pie chart was hanging.

It seems that I was too harsh, but gangs have "that" reputation of being reckless and selfish. Being a "Red Rum" is something a gang banger does for his or her own selfish motive not only for the gang. But if I think about it, I'm just the same as any murder, selfish to the core. Isn't everyone?

The bell rang signaling the end of the class period and the end of school. I noticed the other peers standing up and heading to the door. I was about to do the same until a bunch of these girls blocked my way. Their aura emitted a condescending air. They glowered at me like I was the foulest thing on the earth.