Isis, why?!

Of course, when Isis started chanting in another language, I should have been concerned.

But nooo.

I watched as she chanted, her hands glowing black-red. Mitch glowed with the same colour. He roared in pain and fell to his stomach weakly. I ran to his side as the priestesses chanting grew louder and louder. Soon she was screaming. At the last part, she reverted to English.

"And may this beast be no more, in the name of Satan!" She cried. Wait. Priests don't serve Satan, they serve God. Crap. Mitch screamed and shook all over with what looked like burning pain. He roared again. The Priestess smiled, her head rolled to one side with her eyes glowing red. 

"What have you done to my friend?!" I yelled. He was breathing, barely.

"You have committed a sin by bringing this monster to the church! As a slave of my lord, I must remove this creature from existence!" 

"I would rather be a sinner than a slave!" I yelled some more, hugging my friends face. "Don't die," I whispered. He moaned something I couldn't understand. the woman cackled manically as she glowed red with evil. She grew and grew. Her skin turned grey with decay as she rose over ten feet tall. A hood was wrapped around her head, her eyes glowing red with hate. Her fangs snapped as her hands grew claws. Her body was wrapped in chains covered in blood.

"I am Isis, priestess of my lord Satan! He has decreed that you must die, freak! Wait, why aren't you afraid?" She demanded, lowering her ugly face to mine.

"I would rather be a freak than be afraid!" I screamed in her face. She winced. She got her power from fear. I knew her identity now: she was a beast of hell, sent there by the lord Shorn herself. Then again, she believed it was Satan, once a priest, always a priest. I was hoping the priest she was speaking with earlier would come out, but it was just us three.

"You must fall!" She swung a clawed hand to take my head off. I waited for the blow, ready to die as long as Mitch survived. He heaved behind me, and a taloned hand stopped the blow. Mitch grabbed her hand and snapped it off, chucking it over the church and into a house through the chimney. Poor dude who finds it later. Anyway, the witch screamed, holding her stump of a wrist. Mitchel roared and blew black-orange fire all over the demoness. She screamed again, coated in the lava hot fire. She didn't melt, however, only her skin sizzled. She smiled, her face illuminated by the flame in the darkness. I kicked her in the gut, and she hunched over. I pulled out my net and hucked it on her, trapping her. Or so I thought. It fell off, and I dove for it. She kicked me in the face mid-grab. I hit the ground with blood pouring from my jaw. I crawled for the net, slung it in my pack, and pulled out my magic rope. I wasn't doing so hot. Mitch wasn't doing any better. She was tearing at the already weakened dragon with her talons, cackling as she tore off scales and watched the turquoise blood pour in a waterfall. I was soaked in a combo of my, Mitch, and Isis's blood. I was afraid. Wait. She fed on fear.

"I, Kalie Yin, name you, former priestess Isis, creature of hell, feeder of fear! The witch sent to hell by the goddess Shorn herself. I name you, monster, and send you back to the hole you came from with the power of the gods as my guide!" I screamed. I hoped the gods would be sated. They were.

"Noooo! Satan, please!" She cried as her flesh melted from her waist down. Her hood fell, revealing ugliness I will not describe. She was soon just bone as she melted into the place she belonged. She was gone. All that was left of her was about two feet of chains, one foot each. I slipped one into my pouch and gave one to Mitch. Oh crap. Mitch. I ran to him. He was bathing in his blood, pieces of skin on his front left leg torn apart. His face was laced elegantly with claws. He was extremely wounded.

"Mitch. Mitchel. Don't die on me. Please. I need you. Mitch, no!" I yelled, hugging his face. He opened one huge eye and smiled at me. I smiled back, tears pouring from my eyes as I hugged him tighter. "Oh Mitchel, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." I cradled his huge head as I sobbed myself to sleep.