Dinner

„Betty, there's something I need to tell you. Actually, there's something.. we need to tell you" she said glancing over at FP.
„Don't worry mom. I already know"
„What?"
„Yeah, I found your box of ‚memories'. I saw the pictures of you and FP. I saw the pictures of you, Fp and CHIC. I found the two pregnancy tests, and I also found the adoption papers."
FP was speechless. Alice felt the tears burning her eyes, almost choking through her tears as she tried to talk.
„Betty.. how did you even find that box"
„The truth is.. you've been acting very strange lately and I wanted to know why. I went into your room and found that box"
Just as Alice opened her mouth to say something, the front door slammed open. An extremely drunk Hal came stumbling through. Alice immediately got up and walked over to him. Everyone stayed at the table although FP sat on the edge of his chair, ready to get up at any moment.
„Hal, in case you've forgotten, you don't live here anymore."
„So.. you're still my wife!" he grabbed Alice and shoved her against the wall. Alice was completely helpless. Fp Shot up from the table, and quickly made his was over to them. Chic, Betty and Jughead stayed seated, knowing it wasn't their place to get involved.
Fp shoved Hal away and stood in front of Alice, protecting her.
„What the fuck are you doing here!" Hal screamed.
„More like what are you doing here?!" FP aggressively said back. He now had one hand on Alice's belly. He was scared Hal would attack her again.
Betty watched as her mother's former lover protected her from her husband. She was shocked to see FP being so protective. She also couldn't help but notice that he had his hand on her belly the entire time. The obvious thought popped into her mind, but she was unsure.
„Get your hands off my wife, serpent trash! Don't think you'll get her back! And as for you!" he shouted, lunging towards chic.
„You can get the fuck out of here too! You were the biggest mistake those two ever made!"
He glanced back at FP and Alice.
„And Betty! Choosing your mother over me! I did everything for you and this is how you repay me?!"
„That's enough Hal!" FP grabbed Hal by the arm and shoved him away from Betty.
„Leave Betty alone! Leave my son alone! And leave Alice alone! DON'T EVER COME BACK HERE!"
Hal was shocked by Fps outburst. He angrily made his way out. He stopped in front of Alice and opened his mouth to speak. FP ran towards Alice and stood in front of her, his hand once again landing on her stomach.
„Hal, don't even bother. I want this divorce finalised as soon as possible. Now get out. I don't want to see you, ever again. And don't you dare go near Betty, chic or jughead. If you do, we will end you" Alice said, taking Fps hand into hers.
Betty and jughead were surprised to hear that. Alice was protective over jughead, and FP was protective over Betty. They watched as their parents stood hand in hand. They watched as Hal left the house. And the watched as Alice broke down in Fps arms. She was distraught. FP held her close and kissed her head. It didn't take a genius for Betty and jughead to realise what was going on.
Betty didn't know what to feel. It was clear that they still loved each other, but she knew it would be extremely awkward. She wanted her mom to be happy, after all, Hal had abused her for years. Jughead on the other hand was visibly upset. He knew his dad had always cared about Alice, but after tonight, it had all become too much. All he ever wanted was for his mom and jellybean to come back, but it was clear to him that that wouldn't be happening.
"Dad?" Jughead asked, tears in his eyes.
Fp diverted his attention towards jughead. Alice kept her head buried in Fps shoulder.
"Mom?"
Alice slowly turned her head and broke away from FP, who still had a tight grip on her.
"Are you guys? You know?" Jughead started. Both nodded, and with that, jughead stormed off. He headed upstairs and was followed by Betty.
"What the hell betty!"
"Juggy listen to me.."
"Betty, that's your mom, and my dad!"
"Jug!"
"What"
"Look.. I know you might not be happy about this, and to be honest, I'm not fond of it either. But my mom deserves happiness. Ok? She deserves to be with someone who appreciates her and looks after her. My dad is a horrible person, and hurt my mother over and over. After everything our parents have been through, they deserve to be together"
"I suppose you have a point, but I can't just change my mind like that"
"I know, I know.. but at least try"
"I will Betty"
They embraced before heading back downstairs. As they walked into the front room they saw their parents cuddled up to each other in one of the seats. Alice was sitting on Fps lap, and her head was resting against his chest. He was stroking her hair and his fingers traced up and down her back. Fp placed a hand on Alice's cheek, and pulled her into a kiss. It was slow and gentle.
Betty and jughead both watched as their parents shared an intimate moment. They didn't want to be creepy, so Betty coughed a little to let them know they weren't alone. Fp and Alice quickly pulled apart as they noticed their children were there.
"So this is serious?" Jughead asked
"Jug!" Betty exclaimed
"No it's alright, and yes, this is serious" FP answered.
"I'm sorry you had to find out that way Betty, I was going to tell you myself but-"
"Mom, it's ok. After everything that dad put you through, you deserve to be happy, and if that means you being together with FP, then I support you"
"Betty-" Alice whimpered as she got up from Fps lap and hugged her daughter.
"Thankyou for being so understanding"
Betty and Alice shared a moment, while FP and jughead stared at each other intensely. Of course jughead wanted his dad to be happy too, but if that meant banging his girlfriends mom, he wasn't too fond of the idea.
                                                                                "Betty, now that you know, there's something else we need to tell you"