I didn't even notice that everyone else had stopped what they were doing and were openly staring; looking back and forth between Nick and I.

He looked at me through his dark brown eyes, "I'm sorry; I didn't even know you worked together."

I laughed but it was a cold, flat sound. "Oh please, is your memory that bad or do you just get with that many girls that you can't tell them apart anymore?"

He just looked at me and I could see he didn't remember.

"Do you remember the bitch of a waitress who treated me like crap when we went to lunch a couple of weeks ago just for daring to sit with you and talk to you?" I paused and said my next words very softly, "Or am I just another girl in a long line that's long since blurred together, despite the fact that we see each other every day?"

I could see the pain in his eyes as he winced at my words. "I'm sorry Shannon" his voice lowered until I could barely hear him, "I do remember" he looked at me pleadingly.

I laughed humourlessly again. "The funny thing is that when she gave you her number, you threw it away and said, and I quote" I added, "she's not my type." I shook my head slowly, "I guess everyone's your type."

He closed his eyes briefly, "please just -"

"Save it" I interrupted, "I don't want to hear it. I knew this was going to happen...when you apologised to me yesterday for being downright cruel, I said it wouldn't be the last time...and look here we are a whole day later." I turned my head away. I had such an urge to curl up on the floor and cry, I felt...broken.

I couldn't get the image of his face out of my head. It was only then that I noticed everyone else standing silently watching us. I smiled weakly but it didn't last long. I could still feel Nick's gaze on the side of my head but I wouldn't let myself turn back to him.

Natalie's P.O.V:

I think I felt my mouth drop open a little from shock as I watched Shannon and Nick. My thoughts were racing - as they usually did - as I listened to what was being said.

One word jumped out at me. Shannon had said; "The stupid slut you brought home last night" - this was her roommate?

I can't believe it, I thought, how has she managed to keep this from me? I mean this wasn't just some regular hottie - this was Nick King!

Everyone knew who Nick King was; he was like the hottest guy in College.

Maybe I should - No! I stopped myself, Shannon would probably find it weird if I started flirting with her roommate, I thought wistfully as I looked at him, especially since they didn't seem to be on the best of terms.

He was just so hot! I stopped the thought almost immediately, friends came first and he'd obviously hurt Shannon.

I could see it by the way she was standing and by the way she kept playing with her hair.

Maybe if I talked to her about it first? I thought hopefully, I mean it was Nick freakin' King after all.

Some things were more important than friendship.

Shannon's P.O.V:

I felt someone come up behind me and wrap their arms around my waist. I relaxed immediately against his chest.

"You okay babe?" Lee whispered in my ear.