Can't help falling in Love

As I walked around, eventually I grew rather bored and paused in Kensington garden. I opened the bag to see the gnomes all crowded in a corner away from my now lit up phone which was playing an all too familar song. Juliet was first to edge her way forward and look closer at the pink screen.

"What is this song? It's rather lovely actually." "It's Can't Help Falling in Love, this version's sung by Elvis Persley." I sighed despete myself. "I've always dreamt of my lover singing it to me, but all the boys at my school can't sing a single note." Sherlock approached it next, eyeing carefully.

"Would it be alright if we listened to it for awhile?" The other gnomes all looked at him like he had grown a second head, I simply smiled. "Sure." Walking off to a secluded part of our destination, I looked around one last time and let my new friends hop out for a breath of fresh air. Sherlock was quick, he grabbed my hand before I could pull it away and soon sat on my shoulder.

"So...what do you usually do for fun?" I rolled my eyes before placing him back down on the ground. "Don't make this harder then it is." His grip remained. "Please." There was something the way he pleaded that softened me up as I wrapped a hand around his little body and raised him at level with my eyes.

"What I can't understand is why you can't leave me alone." He shrugged, running his small palm along my thumb. "Neither can I, but I find it's best not to question what fate throws our way." "You say 'our' as though we're a couple." There was that hooded look to his eyes when he looked into mine. "We could be." My cheeks went pink but I shook my head.

"We're too different, it's never work out." "I find it's best not to challenge the impossible, it's so much more fun that way." There was something about the way he said it that made me stop and almost consider giving him a chance. But where was the point in doing that if we were two different brands of living beings?

"We better get going if we want to start working on that first clue Sherlock." Said Watson, seemingly all too eager to interrupt, a little something I made note of as I packed everyone back up and I continued walking along, thinking about what Sherlock said.