Chapter Four - It Will All Get Better In Time

Chapter 4

Charlie's POV -

I pulled into the parking lot of school, grabbing my items before huffing and opening the door to my car, getting out. It was in the middle of October but it wasn't as cool as expected so you could still see those out casters wearing shorts and what not.

"Charlie!" I heard and my head instinctively whipped around to see M.J. on his crutches, hobbling over. I pushed my books against my chest more, shutting my car door and locking it. My eyes avoided his as he walked over, clearly focused on me. I couldn't believe he dared to speak to me when he knew he had hurt me badly.

"C-can we talk?" He asked, out of breath. "No." I scowled, looking up at him then walking away hastily, but that did nothing to stop him. "Seriously Charlie?" He questioned, a hint of irritation in his tone. His crutches made a loud crunching noise on the sidewalk as they pressed into the pavement covered with leaves.

"I'm trying to make things right with you, and you won't even give me a chance." He said, seeming to stop. I paused in my tracks, turning to glower at him. As I spoke I walked closer. "Listen, and listen well. I don't want anything to do with you. You think because your injured I'm gonna have sympathy and take you back so easily? Oh no, you've got it all wrong. And even if you weren't injured I still wouldn't take you back. You don't deserve a second chance. So go back to Kim or whatever her name is!" I snapped, turning and walking away.

All I heard were 'ohhs' and 'awwws' as I stalked to the front doors of the school building. The last thing I heard was teacher telling kids to move along. That jerk thought he was just gonna have me back like that. He was going to have to try much harder than that desperate crap.

After about ten minutes of finding my way through crowds and to Joey's locker I leaned against the one beside hers. "Don't even mention it." She was quick to say; she must've saw the whole thing go down. "I can't believe him!" She squealed, turning to me after slamming her locker door out of anger.

I sigh, "He's pathetic. I don't even want to think about it." I mutter, rolling my eyes slightly. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. The guy gave a cheeky grin, "Sorry to interrupt your conversation gorgeous but uh, I need to get to my locker." He gave a slight nod.

My cheeks slightly burned and I smiled before moving away. "Sorry." I said, biting the corner of my lip as he did his combo. "So I hear your dating M.J., senior captain of the football team, eh?" He asks, switching his books in the process.

I gave a swift shake of my head. "Nope. He's my...pathetic..," I muttered the last part but quickly followed up. "Ex." I answer. He nods, glancing my way before shutting his locker door and turning to lean against it. I look over to see Joey down the hall, talking to someone else. 

"Oh, well he doesn't know what he's missing." He slightly chuckled, his eyes flickering down the hall then to me. The late bell rang and we said our goodbyes, giving each others number then walking our separate ways. Joey walked up and squealed.

"He's soo hot." She gushed, smiling. My head whirled around expecting to see the guy walk away but instead I saw M.J. stumble around the corner, his eyes tear filled. I sighed, that's one thing I hated about him - he was so easy to forgive. Especially when he gave me those eyes, that sad smile...oh God, what am I talking about? I'm suppose to despise him, or something in the odds. 

But no, I had to have those strong, inseparable feelings for him still. Dam-n you feelings. Although, my mind was still on Bryan, the guy I had just met. He was amazingly cute, but I knew I couldn't move too quickly into a relationship. That'd just be another knock to the face to ge my heart broken, once again. 

After School

I had stayed late after school to get some research done. I once finished and picked all of my things up, walking out of the library and to my car. I pushed the heavy doors of the school open and was too busy watching to make sure I didn't trip that I didn't glance up to see M.J. posed on the door of my car.

I stepped down from the sidewalk and walked between my car and the car beside it, my eyes first meeting his scratched up sneakers. I glowered and slowly scanned my eyes up to meet his. "Why in the living he*l do you keep following me?" I scowled deeply, my eyes never leaving his brown orbs.

But instead of getting lost in them my eyes glared, not feeling any sort of empathy for him.

 "Can I have a ride home?" He asked.