Decision

Milagros put her lips onto Antonio's cold ones and began to perform CPR, and she tried to put pressure on his chest, but his chest was too muscular and robust. Anthony got closer and looked at the young woman. "I will put pressure; you give him air."

She nodded in response and began to give him more air as Anthony put more pressure on Antonio's chest.

Anthony saw the state of his son. It made him scared that he could lose the son that he barely knew. He blamed himself for everything, and if Antonio did not make it, he did not know what he would do. "Please! Please live!"  he told himself.

It felt like an eternity as both were trying to save Antonio. Conner entered the house and saw the sight. He was at a loss for words. 

Milagros still gave CPR and refused to give up.

Without warning, Antonio opened his eyes and sat up immediately as he took his gasp for air. Everyone present was stunned.

Antonio struggled to breathe. Anthony and Milagros got some paper and gave him air. Antonio slowly but surely regained his airway.

Then, Anthony went to him and hugged him tightly. Tears formed in his eyes. He cried in relief. "You are alive! My son! Mi Hijo!"

Antonio looked confused but did not say anything or react.

About minutes later, Anthony let go of him and looked at Milagros, who sat in shock and relief. He stood and motioned Conner to follow him. Conner was about to reject, but one look from Anthony ad Conner relented. Both left the house, leaving Antonio and Milagros alone.

Neither said a thing.

Milagros looked at him as he did not look at her. She crawled next to him, and all of a sudden, she hit him in the face.

Antonio did not respond.

"You asshole! How could you do something like that!?" She began to punch and hit him, and Antonio did not defend himself. "How could you do that! How dare you!" Then, Milagros stopped and began to cry. She then gently got a hold of his face and motioned him to look at her.

He would move his head away from her. However, Milagros would not give in and would still motion him to look at her, and then Antonio began to look at her.

Tears formed in his eyes; it broke her heart.

Both cried, and Milagros pulled him towards her and hugged him with all her might. She felt Antonio's tears fall on her shoulder. They cried.

.............................................................................

Meanwhile...

Anthony and Conner told the bus driver to go on without them, and they got their things, including Milagros'.

They sat by Milagros' quarters.

"What you are saying is that Antonio tried to commit suicide?" asked Conner.

Anthony nodded.

"I bet he faked it all so Milagros could..." Conner could not finish his sentence when his father punched him across the face. Conner felt instant pain on his cheek and looked at his father with shock.

"Enough! He is also my son and your half-brother! Never speak ill of him or else!"

Conner was about to speak until footsteps were heard, and it was Milagros.

Anthony stood. "How is he?"

"Alive..."

"I never would have imagined that he would do such a thing."

Milagros gave out a sigh. "He mentioned it, but I never thought he would do it."

Conner stood. "Well, it's over now. We should go."

"No."

Anthony and Conner looked at her.

"I can't leave him."

Conner walked closer. "What are  you trying to say."

Milagros was not deterred. "I am staying here with Antonio."