09

As Charlie grew up, she realized that it was less important to have a lot of friends and more important to have a few close friends.

In high-school, the most important thing seemed to be how many people knew you. And in Hollywood, oddly enough, the same things applies because the more people know you the higher up you are on the social hierarchy of celebrities that run LA.

Only ironically, that was the loneliest life to live because everyone seemed to have their own selfish agenda.

That's why Charlie was content with her few close friends, and very reluctant to allow anymore into her group. But somehow, David and his little entourage managed to weasel themselves in despite her best efforts.

-

"Devyn get the door!" Charlie yelled as she stepped out of the shower, putting her robe on to cover herself. She was very confused as to who could be ringing her doorbell, she wasn't expecting any company.

Steam billowed out of the bathroom in a cloud as Charlie opened the door and began towel drying her hair as she started walking towards the door of her apartment. Throwing her towel on a nearby chair, she almost slipped on the water that had accumulated on the hardwood floor by her feet.

She passed by the couch in the living room and sighed in annoyance when her gaze fell upon Devyn, who was still sleeping in her clothes from the night before.

The doorbell rang again.

"Coming!" she yelled, picking up her pace.

Charlie yanked the door open and took a step back, raising an eyebrow at the two boys in front of her. "Hey," she greeted them confused, so it sounded more like a question.

Todd gave her smile and a small wave. She'd met Todd on multiple occasions so Charlie did consider him a friend, just not the kind that would show up at her apartment unannounced.

Next to Todd, leaning against the doorframe, was Dom, whom she'd never actually met before. He had his arms crossed over his chest in a way that was meant to seem nonchalant and he had on a pair of dark aviators even though they were inside.

Dom gave her quick nod and clucked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "Hey girl," he said, pushing himself off of the doorframe. "How you doin?"

Charlie scrunched her nose at Dom and looked at Todd who was biting his lip, trying not to laugh. "Not that I'm not thrilled ya'll two are here right now... but why?"

"Dom wanted to meet you," Todd answered, shrugging his shoulders.

"At 9 am on a Saturday?"

"Sue me for wanting to meet the girl that got Dobrik's panties in a twist," Dom grumbled raising his hands in the air defensively.

"Wait what?" I exhaled, shaking my head. "I'm confused what do y-"

Todd smacked Dom's chest with the back of his hand to prevent him from speaking any more than he already had. "Never mind that, it's not important," he said giving Dom a pointed look. "Can we come in?"

Charlie looked down at her rob and the pool of water that surrounded her feet from her still wet hair. She pursed her lips and sighed. "Alright, why not."

She stepped aside to let the very cheery boys into her living room before closing the door behind her. "Devyn get the fuck up!" she yelled, cupping her hands around her mouth.

A loud thump and yell assured Charlie that her friend had actually gotten up this time so she turned around and faced the boys behind her. "Look I have an interview in like 2 hours so I really need to get dressed. You two can come if you want I don't care but just, don't mess with anything while I'm changing okay?"