Melody was wearing a dress that had a green skirt, which was hanging low just above her knees, revealing her porcelain-skinned legs that most of the men drool over. Her wrist was full of colored bracelets, which was given to her by her Australian boyfriend Donnie Reid.

"Hi," I replied back, not bothering to look up at her. She took a few pieces of my fries on the tray, which made me scowl at her. She was on an extreme diet, as she claimed by herself, but that didn't stop her from munching on my unhealthy food that I bought through the school's canteen. She flipped her hair at me, smiled brightly, as if snatching pieces of my fries didn't happen and I narrowed my eyes at her. "I thought you were on a diet?"

"I am," she said as she pulled her hair back, getting a Sanrio tucked in her cleavage and I made a face at her, which made my friend chuckle. "It's just that I'm not in the mood to be on a diet, like, right now." From the tone of her voice, I knew that something happened. We shared a look, and I knew right then that the problem was not her boyfriend but her greatest enemy, which was the self-proclaimed hottest cheerleader Diana Morris.

Even though Melody Maynard was popular enough and definitely beautiful that she could get easily accepted into the most popular chick club, that didn't stop her from getting the wrath of Diana Morris. I didn't hate her, but she hated me and my best friend, which didn't make sense. I didn't do anything that could potentially wreck her life, or her status, but I kept receiving her wrath. I knew my place, knew that I had to be away from her as far as possible because Diana Morris was capable of doing something that the others couldn't, even my best friend. But still I gave her a lot of credit for putting up a fight when dealing with her. But every encounter she had with her, it didn't bring any good luck.

"She said that she can take away Donnie from me," she said, exasperated, as if dealing with her greatest enemy was tiring enough. She tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear, pursing her lips. "I know that Donnie wouldn't leave me for her, but it's Diana we're talking about here. She has, like, the authority to ruin someone's life, and right now she's chosen to ruin me."

"Ignore her," I said, putting a hand on her shoulder. I knew what she felt.

She rolled her eyes at me, as if my statement offended her somehow. Knowing my best friend, she would never ever ignore her greatest enemy, even if she wanted to do so. Their worlds kept colliding, creating a massive bang that shook others' world. My statement was crazy.

"Pierson, that statement of hers is not something that I should ignore." She said, annoyed. She frowned at me, then stomped her foot on the ground as if she was a kid that had been denied of treats. And she used my name – Pierson. If my best friend used my name, it's that she was either mad at me or she was just having a period. I doubted that she was on her period right now. "She told me that she'd take away my boyfriend. How can I ignore that? I love Donnie and ugh."

I shrugged, not really having an answer to that question. We fell in silence. The truth was, nobody knew how to take Diana down. Even if I knew somewhat, I couldn't. I was naturally a good boy, with no intentions of having someone's life wrecked just because I wanted it. I thought a few times, considering the idea of wrecking someone's life, but it just wasn't me. It was just a thought. It was just a crazy thought that I'd brush out of my head a few minutes later after thinking about it. Melody kept stealing some of my fries, and I never stopped her. It seemed like she needed this; that was her way of dealing when she was stressed. She was stressed-eating.

The bell rang, and both my best friend and I stood up. She grabbed my tray, and I almost stopped her but she had already turned around and walked away, tray in hand, ready to dump the contents to the trash bin just located at the corner of the cafeteria. She looked over her shoulder, motioned for me to follow her, and I snapped out of staring at her and followed her suit. Melody mumbled something under her breath that I wasn't able to catch, and I never asked her to tell me so. If she was in this mood, you better not bug her.