Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

Two

        From: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Date: July 8th, 2018 at 8:32 a.m.
        To: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Subject: Tabloids suck

        Hi Johnny,

        I really wasn't expecting a reply from you, either. I still must be giving off crazy-ass vibes—most people wouldn't e-mail a complete stranger—but I guess the whole reason I signed up to Trauma Survivors Unite (aside from being talked into it as previously stated in my last e-mail) was to connect with other people... people I might even relate to. I'm assuming you're in the same boat, too?

        This isn't me trying to pry, I promise. It's a show of strength in numbers. I think being reminded that you're not alone is important, which is why my sister, Helena, insists on calling me most nights. We don't live together anymore, but she worries, just like your sister does. I think it must go with the territory. She's family. She's everything to me, to be honest. Our parents passed away when we were younger, so she's all I have left.

        It's funny, I wouldn't normally reveal so much about myself to someone I don't know from Adam, but when you're typing a message out into the void, it's surprisingly easy. Huh.

        That must be hard for you, having to deal with that. Whenever anyone says they want to be famous, I kind of internally shudder. I've never understood the appeal, no offense. I hope you feel like you can just be a regular human being with me—unfiltered, honest—because I have no idea who you are, and I'll take whatever you say at face value. It might be a cold comfort, Johnny, but I don't read gossip magazines or pay attention to misleading outlets. I realized pretty early on in life that all those articles were just fabricated nonsense. I'm sure there are a lot of like-minded people out there who feel the same as me, who choose not to believe the tabloid stories.

        Whatever your reason is for being here, I'm always happy to talk. Obviously. I can't seem to shut up. Sorry about that.

        Wishing you the best,
        Emmy

        P.S. As a music lover, that made me a little too happy to hear. I wish I could play an instrument, or carry a tune, but I totally lack talent. Instead, I just listen to songs and appreciate them. It isn't a bad consolation prize. Don't despair, Johnny. Inspiration comes and goes, your talent doesn't. It's still there. It'll always be there. Keep on rockin' in the free world.

 Keep on rockin' in the free world

        From: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Date: July 9th, 2018 at 11:05 p.m.
        To: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Subject: RE: Tabloids suck

        Hi Emmy,

        Joining Trauma Survivors Unite, agreeing to see a therapist ("seek professional help" as our drummer, and my best friend, put it), and to stop the excessive drinking, were the three terms and conditions named to me by my bandmates and our record company. So, yeah, I can relate. It sounds like your sister and psychologist gently suggested it, at least. I was told, given little to no choice. I'm probably breaching at least a half a dozen contracts by telling you that, but you're right, you don't know who I am, which is a nice change.

        To be honest, I don't have high hopes for Trauma Survivors Unite. You're the first and only person I've corresponded with (aside from Misty, that is), and technically, we're not even talking on their website. I haven't logged in to my account since it was activated.

        I'm sorry to hear about your parents. I know it's such a generic, shallow response, but I really am. I don't know where I'd be without mine, particularly my mom. She's a strong woman. I wish you'd had more time with your parents, truly.

        I know what you mean. I think people are more honest online. Then again, I think it's easier to lie on the Internet, too.

        Thank you for saying that. I wish everyone shared your outlook but knowing you can see the downsides to the whole fame thing, well, it's enough for now. The money, the opportunity... it doesn't always outweigh the negatives. It doesn't guarantee you happiness.

        I don't mind. If I did, I wouldn't be answering your e-mails.

        Johnny

        P.S. I needed to hear that today. I don't know who you are, Emmy, or what I did to deserve those words, but they aren't lost on me. It's hard to handle this kind of pressure at the best of times, much less when you feel you're out of stories to tell. When you're a hollow version of who you used to be, creatively. Who knows? Maybe there's another song left in me yet.

        P.P.S. Were you referring to songwriting god Neil Young? If so, I think we should be friends.