The Girl Who Cried Wolf [8]

8: They are my new friends...

"Girls come on we're leaving...and bring a sweater just in case." Daddy said from the stairs.  

Sighing I parted from Alex and stalked into my closet for a sweater and decided on a raspberry pink colored sweater with a hood from American Eagle.  

Quickly grabbing my car keys and my trusty iPod I headed downstairs to my car followed closely by Alex.  

His car, the new and beautiful Audi r8, was parked just beside our drive way, and another car, I believe a Chevrolet Camaro, either 1967 or 1969; I believe the latter one.  

Walking over I inspected the car, it was beautiful, the classic built of the car, the manly statement it brought to one's attention.  

"Beauty isn't she?" asked a voice I knew oh-so well.  

"Yeah, classic beauty..." I said quietly.  

"That's Betsy for ya'." he said.  

"Who's Betsy?" I turned around to catch Duke's gaze.  

"Her..." he nodded toward the car while his hands were in his pockets.  

"You named her?" he was about to say something before I cut him off "So did I to my car!" I said while giggling.  

He looked appalled but asked me what his name was.  

"The Black Pearl...just like Jack Sparrow and his ship." I said confidently.  

He shrugged in agreement, and went into his car before whispering a good-bye.  

"Bye." I waved, as I walked over to my car which Alex was standing on it.  

"Finally!" he called out but I just rolled my eyes and opened the car and when I sat against the familiar seat and I smelled the familiar smell I sighed deep in thought.  

Slipping the key into the slot and starting the engine, making it purr to life as I got out of the garage, and closed it, I drove at 86mph to catch up to my father as the view swelled and the trees became larger, arching into each other, as the leaves fell vibrantly into the air and landed softly on the pavement. The trees then blurred and as I looked behind me in the rear view mirror I saw the leaves dance up by the wind to then be gently let down by gravity.  

Coming to a slow stop I saw my father's SUV pulled over. Pulling up behind it, I got out and went to Jayden and Emery as they watched Rachel hunch over and my father hold her hair back as she threw-up over the grass.  

She clutched her tummy as she heaved and puked again. Swallowing hard I forced myself to keep my breakfast in its place.  

When she was finally able to breath, she mumbled something to my father, he the screamed at us for some water or Ginger Ale.  

Jayden quickly looked in the glove compartment and found a ginger ale that looked brand new. Running over to them she opened it and made Rachel take a sip as she breathed slowly, before giving a piecing scream and clutching under the small belly and pressing into it. She heaved violently, and her face contorted and she screamed in pain once more.  

Suddenly through the light grey Victoria's Secret Pink sweatpants I could see a dark liquid trickle from her inner thigh.  

"DAD...DAD...SHE'S BLEEDING, DAD SHE'D BLEEDING!" I screamed and pointed helplessly at the growing stain.  

She screamed harder then and my dad looked like he was going faint, I yelled at him before he could faint, making him snapped back and carry her into the backseat as she settled there and pushed. Jayden was pushed towards me as Em climbed in his back seat with her mother; dad gave me a stern look.