Chapter Five

TW// This chapter has mention of sexual acts and such. Not very graphic but still. Multiple chapters from here on out probably will have slightly sexual content. Just a warning.

***

The next morning, Rona awoke to a knocking on her door. The knocks were growing faster and more aggressive with each passing second. Rona dragged herself out of bed and walked over to the door and opened it. Ivar suddenly barged in, dragging himself on the floor.

"Good morning to you too Ivar." Rona scoffed. Ivar ignored her and pulled himself onto a stool by the fire.

"More like afternoon, but that doesn't matter. We need to talk." Ivar stated. Rona walked towards Ivar, confused.

"Right? What about?" Rona asked. Ivar rolled his eyes.

"Margrethe." Ivar replied. 

"Who?" Rona asked.

"The slave girl from dinner last night?" Ivar explained. Rona nodded. 

"Well, I've quite literally just woken up and I am going to change before we talk. So, if you'll excuse me Ivar." Rona said as she walked towards her bedroom and closed the door behind her.

Rona soon emerged from her room dressed in some simple black trousers and a dark blue tunic with a belt. She had just left her hair down after combing it. Rona then went back into her living space to join Ivar by the fire. Rona sat down.

"What is it you want to say Ivar?" Rona asked.

"As I said earlier, it's Margrethe...I saw her and Ubbe this morning...having sex in the barn." Ivar explained. Rona tried to hide her shock. She didn't think that Ubbe was the type to bed random slave girls. 

"Well...is that really any of our business?" Rona questioned. Ivar smirked.

"It sort of is," Ivar began. "You see, it's not only Ubbe I saw Margrethe having sex with." 

"Ivar have you just been following this poor girl around?" Rona asked. Ivar laughed.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is, I also saw Margrethe in the woods earlier, after she had been with Ubbe." Ivar explained.

"And?" Rona asked. Rona was getting relatively bored by this point. She had better things to do. She had to feed her animals before she went to train with Ivar and his brothers. 

"And, the second time I saw Margrethe, she had Hvitserk's face between her legs and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if she fucked Sigurd next." Ivar said casually, as if it was no big deal. 

Rona's mouth nearly dropped open. Although, she should have expected this. Hvitserk did bed girls a lot and why would Margrethe be any different? But again, there was something about Margrethe that Rona just didn't like and she didn't want Hvitserk to get hurt, despite the fact that they were fighting at the moment. 

"Well, again Ivar. Isn't this more their business than ours?" Rona proposed. Ivar rolled his eyes once again. 

"Well, not necessarily. You see, I want Margrethe." Ivar stated. This time it was Rona's turn to roll her eyes.

"Okay, first of all Ivar. A woman, even a slave is not just a possession you can take and do with as you please-" Ivar interrupted Rona.

"She is a slave Rona." Ivar interjected. Rona smirked.