18

The moments up to the missiles had been a blur, there had been a fire fight before you escaped the building. You and Bucky had run across the clearing to the second jet, and made in just as the missiles hit the ground. It flung the quin-jet through trees, landing it up side down, both of You being tossed around in the process.
You had woken in a crumpled up heap on top of broken glass from the front of the jet. You shoved a large metal crate off of you. Pain tearing up through your arm as you did, you looked around trying to make sense of everything.
Your eyes finally landed on a form on the other side of the jet, laying awkwardly on its side. You pushed your way to feet and limped over, he was tangled in cargo netting. You knelt down next to Bucky, pulling and unbuckling straps trying to free him. A huge gash openly bleeding from his head, you grabbed the bottom of you shirt. You pulled it over your head, your tank underneath it just as ruined as the shirt had been.
You pressed the inside of your shirt to the cut on his head, the cleanest thing you had. Looking around wildly, trying to figure out what to do from here. Your eyes landed back on him, a deep bruise was starting to form on his cheek. He let out a deep groan, almost startling you.
"James?" You asked quietly.
"Doll face?" He croaked out, you sighed with relief as his eyes fluttered open, landing you.
"I must be a live. Cause surely if I died I wouldn't get to see your beautiful face as we both know I'll never make it to heaven." He grabbed your hand from his head and brought it to his lips.
"Shut up you idiot." You cried out, leaning down pressing your lips against his. He slipped her hand through your hair, deepening the kiss. Tongues battling for dominance, as Bucky slowly sat up, relishing in the moment of your survival. You wrapped your arms around his neck, breaking the kiss to pull him in for a hug.
"I thought I was going to loose you when I came out with Kayla." He whispers in your ear.
"You would of if you hadn't come back for me." You whisper back, thinking about how you almost never saw her again, that you would never have never made to every other important moment in her life. Tears slowly slipped down your face.
"Hey now, doll, we made it out. We're both alive." He pulled you back so he could look at you. Even covered in dirt, and dust, bruises and cuts. Blood slowly dripping from your brow you were still the most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes on. "Babe, no more tears."
"I'm trying." You choke out, looking up trying to will the tears to stop.
"Friday?" Bucky spoke loudly, wondering if the AI was damaged.
"Yes, Mr. Barnes." The voice replied, your heart skipped a beat.
"Can you patch us through to Tony?" He asked, pulling you back into him. You let your body mold to his, exhausted.
"Yes, I can."

As the quin-jet made its return trip to tower the AI chipped in over the speakers.
"Tony, you have an incoming calling from Mr. Barnes." Friday's voice announced. Steve looked over at Tony, an eyebrow raised.
"Tony?" Bucky's voice crackled lightly on the speaker. Kayla's head shot up from Natasha's lap.
"Bucky? Where are you?" Tony asked bewildered
"Inside the other Quinn-jet. I think part of the building is on it, the floor of the jet is partially caved in but its holding." Bucky chuckled, Kayla could feel the tears well up. "Hey guys, is Kayla still with you?"
"I'm here." The little girl spoke up, staring at the speaker.
"Guess who I have with me." He chuckled again.

"Hey baby girl." You called at the speaker leaning against Bucky, neither of you had moved.
"Mom?!" She shrieked on the over side. The sound of her voice brought tears to your eyes, a smile a cross your face.
"Told you I'd get her out, kiddo." Bucky replied, looking down at you, his eyes held a warmth in them that you could lost in. "A promise is a promise."
"Alright you two hold tight. We're on our way back." Steve announced, the call cut short.
"So how do we do this now?" He asked, tucking the stray hair behind your ears.
"I don't know but it's me, her, and you. I think we make a pretty good team." You reply, leaning in to kissing him again. "That's if your up for this."
"Doll, I was up for this before I found out she was mine." He replied. "But her being mine almost makes up for everything Hydra did to me."
"Almost?" You chuckle.
"Yeah, I really could of gone without the red star on the arm." He replied, leaning his forehead against yours. "I never thought I'd say this but I'm so glad Peter brought you home unconscious."
"He WHAT?" Tony echoed through quin-jet as the coms cut back in.
"You know, now that whole conversation that night makes sense." You laughed, pulling him close again.